+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: tv hifi spotting

I'm Geoff.

The blue cast in the photo is unfortunate .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Barrington.

Is our Mr Statham developing a habit of being sited with tasty kit in his films🤔

I'm sorted.

The apex of gramophones apparently, an EMG (antiques road trip)

I'm Grant.

horny
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

There’s a new advert for Co-op funerals where a lady explains her love of music and how she wants her funeral to reflect this. It ends with her adjusting a ‘volume knob’ to make her music louder.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who spotted that the knob she twists is actually the record level control on a Technics cassette deck…

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Lawrence.

She might be monitoring the recording level with a 3 head deck if she's really into music.

Failing that, RADA really need to up the training on realistic operation of hifi if they want to produce convincing actors.

I'm sorted.

I'm sure as far as the general public are concerned a knobs a knob, like Freddie Mercury using the pitch control on a 401 to control the volume

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    She might be monitoring the recording level with a 3 head deck if she's really into music.

Failing that, RADA really need to up the training on realistic operation of hifi if they want to produce convincing actors.
    You make a good point.

However the other fly in the ointment is that she doesn’t actually appear to have an amplifier at all!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Lawrence.

Ah so it's all in her head then. Cue the man in the white coat approaching her cautiously with needle in hand. "Come along Miss Simpkins, it's time to go back to your room now, you've had enough fun for one day..."

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    You make a good point.

However the other fly in the ointment is that she doesn’t actually appear to have an amplifier at all!
    she's clearly a proponent of the 'less is more approach.' Getting rid of the amplifier means shorter signal paths and less components in the path.

'If you haven't tried it you can't comment'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast