+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: tv hifi spotting

I'm Chris.

Finally I have the opportunity to contribute to the best thread on AOS!

Watched the superb documentary on the Williams F1 team the other night (Saturday?). "Williams: Formula 1 In The Blood".

Frank Dernie, a former F1 engineer, has some pretty bank account emptying kit on show.

Not sure exactly what the speakers are, Avantgarde perhaps?? CD player looks swiss or even a bit REGA-ish . . .

They were showing sneaky peaks of the kit out of focus during the interview, thought the speakers were just some wall art possibly but then he played some music on them.

Been scrolling through iPlayer trying to find the clip on and off for 2 days!

I'm pleased with my commitment here.
    Hifi1.jpgHifi2.jpg
    Would love to know what the kit actually is if anyone knows?!

I'm Martin.

Goldmund I think.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Ping him a message on a forum - he’s member ‘f1eng’ on Wigwam, PFM and here, although I don’t think he’s visited here for a while.

I’ve met him a few times at Scalford - he’s a very nice chap and I’m sure he’d be happy to tell you all about his system.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Ping him a message on a forum - he’s member ‘f1eng’ on Wigwam, PFM and here, although I don’t think he’s visited here for a while.

I’ve met him a few times at Scalford - he’s a very nice chap and I’m sure he’d be happy to tell you all about his system.
    Wow, thanks I might just do that.

I got the impression from the interview he was a top chap even before I spied his kit!

Nice one

I'm sorted.

From American Pickers, cool wall of radios in a New York apartment

And ‘Jan’ from 1977 (Trio TT?)

I'm Adam.

Looks more like a Philips to me...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Looks more like a Philips to me...
    They're playing a Wings LP anyway so it doesn't matter (and that wasn't released till '78 so their date is wrong)

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    They're playing a Wings LP anyway so it doesn't matter (and that wasn't released till '78 so their date is wrong)
    And there is a copy of what looks to be The man machine by Kraftwerk, I'm pretty sure that came out in 1978 as well.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm nigel.

Opti cal...
    That controller in pic one looks like the wireless volume for that French digital super amp....Devialet.

Thanks for the thread thumbs up....when I first posted I imagined (drunkenly) it would get to about ten posts....it's gunna outlast me.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    What's wrong with Wings anyway? All the best sanitary towels have them these days.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast