+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 interconnects build offer for all AoS members

I'm Brian.

Cool MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 interconnects build offer for all AoS members

A couple of months ago Marco posted a thread searching for the ultimate VFM SPPV interconnect using reasonably priced cables and plugs available today . I believe he tried many cables and plugs from various manufacturers and achieved some very good results . Some became viable candidates for use in his own system . Indeed I tried quite a few of the suggested cables myself and was pleasantly surprised by the SQ of quite a few of them.
    Now , I've been making my own interconnects for over 20 years and have had great success in this area for little expenditure .One of my personal favourites is the Klotz AC110 cable which Rega used in their interconnects . I always have some of this cable to hand to make up cables when and where needed , so I decided to make up some Klotz interconnects to compare with the forum favourites. All I needed was some plugs .
    While scouring the internet I came across MS Audio plugs , which looked very interesting , so I bought a set and fitted them to the Klotz AC110 cables . I was really surprised at how good the new cables sounded . So much so that I sent them to Marco for a listen . He subsequently bought a couple of sets from me . So did another few forum members and all were very happy with their purchase , some replacing very expensive cables with the Klotz AC110 . All agreed that they were excellent.
    A little later Kevin ( cageyH ) suggested that we try the Klotz MC5000 cable instead of the AC110. Marco duly asked me to make up a set for him and this new interconnect sounded even better than the MS Audio / Klotz AC110 combination . So we all settled on the MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 combination.
    Everyoe who has bought these cables from me has been very impressed with them and all have kept them in their system , including me . They are very good indeed ( at any price )
    At the suggestion of some of the purchasers of this cable I have decided to offer them for sale to forum members here at what I believe is a very competitive price . If you are interested in purchasing these cables please feel free to contact me with your requirements and I can quote you a price .
    Last edited by brian2957; 11-07-2014 at 11:40.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Good luck with this, Brian. The cables in question are sonically superb and extremely well-priced for the performance on offer - and the service you're providing for members is fantastic.

I would therefore urge all AoS-ers (unable to solder to such a high standard as your good self), and who are keen to obtain the best sound from their systems, in true AoS SPPV fashion, to take up your excellent offer!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Brian.

Thanks Marco we aim to please .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm tony.

Brian,
    Could you do me a 6m right channel and 2m left as I am feeding the mono blocks on the back of the respective speakers and running short speaker cable. The IC between DAC nad PRE is staying put. Might as well run the same throughout. Will post up results regards synergy wise. Please PM with costings and Paypal details.
    Cheers Tony.

I'm Brian.

OK Tony . I'll have a look at costing this cable and get back to you via PM . Thanks for the repeat order mate . Glad you like the interconnects which I sent you the other day
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Andrew.

Cost per meter would be useful, as would cost of the RCA's, gimme the price for say a 0.5m pair.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

You have PM Andrew .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Darren.

Hi Brian

Could you PM me a price for a 1m pair please.

Regards

Darren

I'm Brian.

You have PM Darren .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Gary.

These cables bettered a TQ Black interconnect in my (revealing) system.
    Asked Brian of he would do me another for my Firebottle phono stage.

No need to look for anything further interconnect wise.
    As good as it gets - it betters a £300 cable, and who want's to spend more than THAT to get maybe 5% better (maybe)?

Brian's a mate, but honestly, these cables are head and shoulder better than anything else I've tried.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast