+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Croft Epoch or Croft Charisma?

I'm Philip.

Default Croft Epoch or Croft Charisma?

I know that a number of members have experience of Croft gear. I have an Apparition OTL and am looking for a Croft pre with phono stage. I have the possibility of getting either an Epoch or a Charisma (the original model), both single box. I can't find any real information on these so don't know their differences. The reviews I have found don't really help Has anybody had experience of these that could help me choose? Unfortunately, a home demo of both together is not an option!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Get a new 25 instead!!!

If that's not an option, buy the Croft you like the look of and now or eventually, send it to Glenn for a revamp. The basic designs are shared I believe and the differences on more modern ones have been power supply upgrades (more of them and possibly better regulation )
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Paul.

Epoch. Great amp. Better casing quality than newer ones too. Just make sure it hasn't been messed with (ask the question).

I'm Philip.

Thanks, Paul. I'll ask the question but I'll get it serviced by Glenn Croft in any case.

Regards

Philip

I'm Philip.

Yeah, it's the 'new' and the resulting price that's the problem! Do looks really come into it with Crofts? Of the two, the Epoch matches the Apparition so that probably answers the question. Thanks, Dave

+ Reply to Thread