Thread: MooN'z TooN'z

TheMooN Guest

Default MooN'z TooN'z

A few random images of some of the Junk Pile

PYE PF91's

Audiomaster 11A's

Sansui AU-111 Integrated running 7581a's

Thorens TD124 MKII , Ortofon RS212

Custom wound output transformer , 7K anode2anode , U/L 43% tap weighing in at 11 kilo's on test bed Frankenstein Mullard 5-20 amplifier
    Last edited by TheMooN; 16-07-2009 at 11:04.

I'm Neil.

Hi Roger...Interesting but bar the Musical Fidelity item I haven't a clue what I am looking at. Could you list what the photos are of.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up

Nice gear!

bar the Musical Fidelity item I haven't a clue what I am looking at.
    Daphne, have you got your glasses on today, shweety? There's a big clue as to what's in the third picture, as it has a big logo with 'SANSUI' written on it!

The second picture looks like 'Audiomaster', or something like that... It's 'Audio' something, anyway. If it is Audiomaster, I've heard of them, as they were one of the original manufacturers of the LS35A, supplied to the BBC. Didn't know that they made amps, though.

The fourth picture is a Thorens TD-124 with what looks like a vintage Ortofon arm, SPU headshell and a Grado Prestige cartridge of some description.

I've got no idea what's in the last picture, apart from (as you say) what looks like a modern Musical Fidelity integrated amp...

So, Roger, spill da beans!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

TheMooN Guest

Apologies Gents ~ Someone left the titles off

Hi Roger,

I see that you've edited it now

I was right then about the Audiomaster stuff - very nice amps those, as are the Pye!

I could make out something 'Fidelity' on the label, but even with my keen eyesight, the 'Pye' bit was beyond me... So it's 'Pye Fidelity, Amplifier Type PF91 Power Supply' on the label - can you confirm?

I suspected that it was a vintage Ortofon arm - very nice, too. Is the cartridge a Grado Prestige model? If so, I'm a bit suprised that you're not using a rather better cartridge on such a nice arm and T/T. Has the cartridge perhaps been modified in some way?

Marco.

P.S I've tidied up your IMG links as you had duplicated the tags.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

TheMooN Guest

Close up of one of the PF91 Model Plates .

These images were dredged off of an old drive whilst looking (unsuccessfully) for the images of the Tannoy Red xovers , My TD124 MKII is now with TonyL however I still have the RS212 tonearm
    along with the other gear , much of which is in storage atm due to Wife and I quote "Wishing to live in a home and not a HiFi junk shop"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheMooN; 16-07-2009 at 11:35.

Excellent. I'll keep eating my carrots!

Your thoughts on the cartridge?

Marco.
    Main System

TheMooN Guest

Rather vague recollections I'm afraid , the images are a few years old now and taken as part of a photo shoot of the arm and deck .

Another sporting my SME 3009 MKII , I Rather regret letting the TD124 go now
    However I am having a gentle look around for a MKI which was the original plan as I quite fancied a matching collar and cuffs look with the cream PF91's

TheMooN Guest

Another view of my current Time and Money Black Hole amplifier project .
    No jealous comments regarding the High Tech HiFi stand please

So the TD124 is Tony's deck? Nice one

It's definitely one of the most minty 124s I've ever seen. You were mad to let it go, but your loss has definitely been Tony's gain! It's gone to a good home, though

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast