+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gutted

Default Gutted

can anyone recommend a good but cheap re-wire kit for my Rega RB250 arm. Noticed a humming sound coming from the turntable and noticed the green and blue cartridge clips were loose. Went at it to tighten them with small pliers and they have snapped off. BOTH OF THEM UUUUUUURRRRGGGHHHHHHH, HELP

Marantz SA7001 SACD Player - casing with dynamat , Rega P2 Turntable - RB250 Arm, Denon DL110 Cart , Marantz PM7001 Amp , Cambridge Audio 640p phono stage , Cambridge Audio Dacmagic , Musical Fidelity X-CAN V2 Head amp , Monitor audio GS10 Speakers , Atacama Nexus 5 stands , Alphason rack , Mogami interconnects with Eichmann bullets , QED Silver XT Bi-wire , Sennheiser HD600 Cans + Grado SR60 Cans

I'm Dave.

Do you know someone who can solder ? It will be a lot cheaper and easier to get those tags put back on. Rega will do it for you if all else fails.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Dave, are Rega's service charges as modest as they used to be? Seriously, they were incredibly accommodating as long as you didn't want to do silly things to their products..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Steve.

If you can re-wire it yourself of have a friend who can, Litz tone arm wire is very good and cheap - quite possibly an upgrade.
    The guy who makes the Terminator arm bearing tone arm sells it on Ebay.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Neal.

As said you may be able to solder the tags back on...if you do want to rewire partsconnexion.com sell tags and Cardas wire...I've got some on the way for the re-wire of my PL71 tone arm...
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

thanks for the replies guys, can anyone tell me anything about the incognito re wire kit
    My system

Marantz SA7001 SACD Player - casing with dynamat , Rega P2 Turntable - RB250 Arm, Denon DL110 Cart , Marantz PM7001 Amp , Cambridge Audio 640p phono stage , Cambridge Audio Dacmagic , Musical Fidelity X-CAN V2 Head amp , Monitor audio GS10 Speakers , Atacama Nexus 5 stands , Alphason rack , Mogami interconnects with Eichmann bullets , QED Silver XT Bi-wire , Sennheiser HD600 Cans + Grado SR60 Cans

You could try J7 on TXN...

Stan

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by barty View Post
    thanks for the replies guys, can anyone tell me anything about the incognito re wire kit
    Not wishing to upset you in any but (IMO) if you are not able to solder the tags back onto the wire, I would have thought a re-wire also beyond your capabilities. Over the years I have seen many arms in need of serious repair after a re-wire attempt and most have been done by 'professionals'.

Rega will solder those tags back on for you at minimal cost if you haven't got a local dealer.

I'm Neil.

Soldering arm cable tags is a nightmare and a real test of soldering skills....I hated it if a customer wanted it done or if I broke a tag fitting a cartridge ...thankfully it didn't happen very often.

I have to agree though if you can't solder cart tags (and I can) its a no no to rewire an arm...I wouldn't have a go at that if you paid me to.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread