+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Akai 'GXC-706D' Issues

I'm Andr'e.

Default Akai 'GXC-706D' Issues

I bought a couple of these awhile back, one Black & one silver finish. The silver one works perfecty but the black one has an issue where as it plays for ten seconds then stops, the same thing happens on FF & REW.. Ive been reading & this seems to be a regular issue!

The obvious was to swap out the Capstan belt, which i have but the issue still there.. Anyone come across this before?

Id like to get this going till i get around to full service as it matches my 'GX-4000D' R+R machine..

I'm Stephen.

Does the clutch not have a fibre pad that's become compressed and not transferring drive to the hubs? If so, try washing it to decompact the fibres and cleaning the drive surfaces. Or perhaps the hub on the left has a sensor that isn't detecting movement and causing it to shutdown.

I'm Andr'e.

Like i say Stephen just wanted an obvious area to get it going till the end of the year till i get more time for a total rebulid.. I know the machine has an auto shut off & i know a lot have the same issue but i never see a cure posted up anywhere, mebbie they just junk the machines, summert i don't want to do.

The easiest option would be to fit the black facia & black VU's to the fully working silver machine but at the end of the day id rather know the issue in case it ever arises again..

+ Reply to Thread