+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JC's musings about this and that

Default JC's musings about this and that

[Moved from 'Marco's tube rolling and valve power amp adventure' thread]

Didn't know your stuff was Chinese, still I suppose it's difficult to find a proper British manufacturer, with a factory in the UK, who make proper "british" hifi like it's supposed to be. Have you looked around ? there is one left, they might even let you be a dealer.

I'm Guy.

Its designed here & made there. But why would I want to sell AV1 anyway JCB? I've actually heard it now I already sell a range of better (& more accurate) loudspeakers!

(Incidentally there are still several other competent British manufacturers some of whom do really care about sound quality)

Oh dear oh dear, I assume you're referring to the Heco's !

IIRC they went bust because they only made out of date "junk" (thats a jc tech term)

Then they got pulled out of the ashcan by some "entrepreneur" who thought it was a good idea to resurrect 1950's technology at fancy prices, to take advantage of the "retro" market.

Unfortunately the sound and performance is "retro" too, they might be ok on a puny valve amp that puts out about 1 watt before it's well into distortion and clipping, but if you give them a proper signal from 250w of clean modern muscle, the drivers will "fry".

Hifi choice gave a good review but we all know about magazine reviews and their motivation.

No thanks, I'll stick to something I trust.

I'm Guy.

Interesting, you know less about the company making them now than you think. (Where's this 'entrepreneur' bit from?)

The Klippel system they use is a remarkably effective tool in the development of accurate drivers. BTW do AV1 use it?

I suspect you haven't heard any of the current models.
    Just talking out of your backside as usual!

250W of Clean, modern, muscle LOL! I presume you mean this.

Renders everything else obsolete!

You really aren't serious about sound JCB. Stick with flogging Ashley's wares to those who know no better

(btw Ashley. Strictly speaking those brown & blue wires should have a second layer of insulation over them to comply properly with the LVD.)
    Last edited by pure sound; 18-03-2008 at 15:08.

You really aren't serious about sound JCB. Stick with flogging Ashley's wares to those who know no better
    Aye.

I'm Guy.

Quite true Anthony. You either have to have people sitting on production lines over there doing the QC as production happens or otherwise apply 100% QC on what comes here when it arrives.

I'm Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by pure sound View Post
    Interesting, you know less about the company making them now than you think. (Where's this 'entrepreneur' bit from?)

The Klippel system they use is a remarkably effective tool in the development of accurate drivers. BTW do AV1 use it?

I suspect you haven't heard any of the current models.
    Just talking out of your backside as usual!

250W of Clean, modern, muscle LOL! I presume you mean this.

Renders everything else obsolete!

(btw Ashley. Strictly speaking those brown & blue wires should have a second layer of insulation over them to comply properly with the LVD.)

What is that? Looks like a chip based amplifier....

You guy(s) are not only confused you must think every one else is as well !

You seem pretty worried to me, by any remarks or observations which don't fit your personal sales curriculum.

Lets get this straight, You guy(s) are the traders, admittedly varying from back-bedroom ebay variety, to struggling shopkeeper, and I'm the customer !

It's what I decide to purchase that decides your fate, not the silly sales pitch that you play out in your fantasies.

Get real chaps, while you're theorizing about silly concepts and out of date failed designs, the rest of the world is passing you by and getting on with hifi in it's current incarnation.

Digital librarys and active speakers with dacs in, and getting rid of all the old clutter of deeply unfashionable techy boxes and ugly old speakers. You can't alter the market needs, by trying to hold back the waves of change like Cnut.

Nrg, thats a photo of the rectifier board for the power supply you silly boy !

There's no chip amp in there I assure you.

Steven, I haven't included you as a trader, although you have picked up some odd beliefs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast