+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Amplifier/Pre-amplifier phase and phase inversion. How do you check it?

I'm Rockabilly.

"A dynamic model of the Fermi energy of the electrons, incorporating molecular interaction and skin effects for example, requires higher dimensional analysis."

Please can you explain what you mean by this?

Yes John. I'm suggesting that multivariable calculus in four dimensions (or greater) is required to model alternating current densities.
    The reference to Fermi energy is an acknowledgement of the quantum behaviours of fermions during conductance and if you were minded to explore alternating current densities at this level, you would employ wave functions in three dimensions or higher. It's of interest that probability flux is described by functions that are very similar (at my level of understanding) to those that describe electromagnetic behaviour.
    The modelling is further complicated by interaction at a molecular level that is intrinsic to the crystal structures in the conductor.

I'm procrastinating before undertaking the washing up, so don't give my ramblings any significance. I'm trying to point out that the phase relationships of alternating currents in a system are a bit more complex than two dimensional graphs of sine waves. Hence, at the risk of kicking about with semantics, a differentiation in the use of "polarity" and "phase" may be helpful.
    Last edited by camtwister; 02-06-2014 at 18:14. Reason: trying not to sound daft
    Johnny Dodgem.

Cartridges vintage MMs including Pickering xsv-4000/xsv-3000 : Stanton 881s/D81 : AT140LC/VMN40ML
    Spinners hot rod 1210 (Jelco 750D, Origami, Ammonite, Longdog, Vantage, Achromats) : Pye G63 & Garrard AT6 : Two full custom Lencos : Kenwood KD-650D
    Streaming Qobuz : BluOS & Node2 (Fidelity Audio modified) : RME ADI-2 DAC
    Pre-amps Tron Seven (GT modified) : Conrad Johnson EV1 : Croft Micro 25 : Decware ZStage
    Power Amps PrimaLuna ProLogue 5 (KT120) : PrimaLuna ProLogue 4 (KT77)
    Speakers The Edingdale : Meadowlark Hot Rod Shearwater

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234