+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: Bill Beard BB100 50 Watt Valve Integrated Amplifiier.

I'm Justin.

Hm not too many women hanging around on this forum thank god

High maintenance? I think she's (he? - it is a Beard after all) in tip top condition now and should be for a good while longer.

The P35 is good and must be similar to this as you say, but without swapping them in and out in the same system, it is hard to know just how similar. Heard one (P35) at Scalford a few years back driving some Triangles I think. The Earl's if that means anything to you.

I'm really tempted to hook it up to some speakers it really isn't suitable for (Mark & Daniel Sapphires) just to see what happens and justify keeping it. But those little boxes really do need more than 50 Watts. So I won't

I'm Steve.

Great amp. I loved mine though i have to say, you are expecting a bonny penny for this. I sold mine for £400 a few years back and it was it excellent fettle.

I'm Richard.

Being a newbie on here I should probably stay quiet but I wouldn't have thought that value-judgements by third parties are helpful to anyone on a For Sale thread, however politely put. It can put people off buying for no better reason than someone else has an opinion (or, in some cases, an agenda), and also does nothing to honour the investment the seller has put into his bit of bit - what it means to them. I sold my last amp for half its market value - it has no bearing on what I could get today. And Ditton 66s were £100 a few years ago - now they can be over 10 times that. If Beards have historically been undervalued, they damn well shouldn't be now. Also, one day, when we've all clued-up a bit, service and ownership history will have a major bearing on re-sale values.

I'm Justin.

Funny earlier I was looking on ebay. See what you can get for £1100 and compare it to this.

Nuff said, IMHO.

Queue the "well, I rather have a..." comments. It is what it is. The price is what I want for it. Find a better BB100 for less and buy that. I bet you can't.

Think about what this would cost new these days. They really haven't got much better TBH.

I'm Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Funny earlier I was looking on ebay. See what you can get for £1100 and compare it to this.

Nuff said, IMHO.

Queue the "well, I rather have a..." comments. It is what it is. The price is what I want for it. Find a better BB100 for less and buy that. I bet you can't.

Think about what this would cost new these days. They really haven't got much better TBH.
    Indeed.

Keep in mind that the price of everything has just about doubled over the last few years, then add to that the fact that this was made in England, by a renowned engineer, I don't think the price is that high at all.

I paid circa 250 for my p35 some years back. Try getting a fettled one for less than a grand now.
    Bits:

Amps:

Avondale

Analogue:

Acoustic Signature Analogue 1 mkIII

Gold Note PH10

Digital:

Resolution Audio Opus21

Speakers:

AudioNote J

I'm Justin.

Looks like the Earl's P35 went for £895 in 2012. This has a preamp section and 15 Watts/channel more. Gotta be worth £200 more Especially with custom chromed tranny tops, 6 CV series Mullards and loadsa new bits. Might even be underpriced. Time will tell that, of course.

The JJs have low hours BTW, less than the Mullards. The Mullards probably only in the 2-300 hundreds.

I'm Grant.

I d pay the asking if I had it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I d pay the asking if I had it.
    Me too Grant, beautiful looking amp.

GLWTS

I'm Justin.

Montesquieu or Tom - read your PM box.

I'm Justin.

Tom your PM box is full.

Still for sale chaps unless Tom grabs it. It won't get cheaper when it goes on ebay cos of those darn fees. It will go up to cover them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast