Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
The Sansui 717 was my first real hifi amp. It is still in use today at my cousins house. I would love to see some pictures of your mash up system.
OK, here we go!

I cant quite get it all in but you should be able to see the big tannoys and xternal xo sitting on top on the Lancaster cabs. You can see the Sansui sitting on the floor in the middle of my main rack. You'll probably see a Dynalad tuner sitting in the corner.

This is a close up of my main rack and shows off most of my kit except the valve stuff.

Hope this quells your mash-up system pic's urge.....

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
I wondered why you'd included the Sansui. Not knocking it, many seventies Jap amps can sound remarkably good (despite usually needing better speaker terminals). I've always favoured Luxman, Trio and Sansui, you can include the American branded, Japanese made Harman Kardons too.
Its a long story, but, my mate had a Sansui system when we were students and it's simply a trip down memory lane. I bought this one for less than £200 with some other bits with the right channel not working £120 later with Nick Gorham and it now works. I flogged the other bits for £100 so the amp owes me about £100 all in. I've refurbed her a little and will probably do some recapping and install some proper solid copper binding posts to x1 speaker terminals and to the AUX and Tuner inputs. She's a keeper and sounds very good indeed with Tannoys. I've never tried Luxman or Trio, maybe at some point in the future.