+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you value your HIFI?

I'm James.

Default How much do you value your HIFI?

About six months ago or so I went down the DIY route, tinkering with my speakers and making a stunning DIY DAC, I have loved the process and there is massive satisfaction in the constant improvement of sound as you tinker away. However I have come across a few problems which are beyond my limited knowledge and I have had to send various bits to helpful people to fix, and as a result I have been without my hifi for about a month.

Work is ferociously busy which keeps me distracted in the evenings. The wife seems more happy as I spend more time with her, but at the end of the day I am really looking forward to getting my hifi back together and relaxing in front of good music and an excellent sounding system. I am an extremely busy person and my life is not all about my system but I guess it plays an important role in my life and something I am really passionate about. I find it hard to listen to music outside of my system as it always sounds thin and lifeless. Maybe we are all spoiled, I'm not sure but I do know I'm very much looking forward to getting my hifi back!!!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Maybe we are all spoiled, I'm not sure but I do know I'm very much looking forward to getting my hifi back!!!
    All spoiled?..........maybe, I think educated in the appreciation of your music sounding good (or insert your own word to match your systems performance).

I personally feel sorry for people who don't realise it's not that difficult to achieve good sound, if only they looked beyond all the latest 'gadgets'.

Enjoy your system when you get it back James

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Mike.

Not sure how I'd cope

That is way too long for me.
    Just as well I have loads of spare kit to sub in when anything is being fixed
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Dan.

Mine plays music

I wouldn't cope without it................
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Front Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Rear Satellite Loudspeakers
    Wharfedale DX 1

I'm Geoff.

I love my Hi-Fi. I have it sounding just the way I want, so not much changes in the system. I've heard systems costing hundreds of thousands of pounds, but to me mine sounds stunning.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Just as well I have loads of spare kit to sub in when anything is being fixed
    Cheers for making me feel better

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post

I personally feel sorry for people who don't realise it's not that difficult to achieve good sound,

Alan
    I must be doing it wrong then!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

My system is so important to me; it is in use for several hours a day when I am at home.

I simply couldn't bare to be without it, so I too, have a large amount of spare equipment to call upon if anything needs to be repaired.
    Barry

I'm rupert.

my stereo has always been among the three items first installed after a house move. the other two being the bed and a table

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by r100 View Post
    my stereo has always been among the three items first installed after a house move. the other two being the bed and a table
    Stereo first

You can do everything else with music playing !
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast