+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The SPU Royal GM Mkii cart - Splendid!

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    WOW, Joe, that's a cap and a half!! Are you sure you've used the correct electrical/voltage values? However, if it sounds good, that's all that matters!

Anyway, I have to say when I was visiting I thought that your system sounded magical, which was no doubt in no small part due to the superb bespoke crossovers, fitted to your Tannoys. For me, those are very special indeed and produce a sound bristling with verve and realism, tangible emotionality, and everything that makes recorded music sound as close as possible to the real thing.

In that respect, your Tannoyista crossovers bring a beguiling musical believability to all genres of music, which I'm not sure my own bespoke crossovers are quite capable of - and so I congratulate you on, like a talented chef, moulding together some very fine ingredients, in order to create, in this instance, sonic marvels in boxes that will enhance the musical capabilities of any suitable Tannoy DC drivers, thus transforming loudspeakers that are already inherently very good into something truly exceptional.

Honestly folks, if you're serious about getting the very best performance from vintage Tannoy DCs, then auditioning the Tannoyista crossovers is a prerequisite. Once done, prepare to fall in love and be stunned... With Tannoy DCs, this is about as good as it gets. I kid you not.

Marco.
    Thanks very much, Marco.

The cap is 200uf which is what Glenn suggested so is fine along with a 10000uf. Means I need to raise the lid as you can see, I am doing this and will be done professionally.

Regarding my crossovers, that's really good of you to say. Thank you. As you know they have taken a couple of years to get right and to build up to the current model range. Currently building some Spec 4's which will sound utterly sublime

Cheers dude!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    That cap looks as big as my coffee mug
    it is... lol.. Might even be bigger. It's a big chappie, 76mm in diameter.

The TC-4 has 4 terminals so needs to be larger to accomodate I suppose.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123