Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: New forum missive

  1. #21
    Join Date: Dec 2012

    Location: Stevenage

    Posts: 356
    I'm Mark.

    Default

    nowhere, just clarifying my point, :-)

    as did Frank, no more to be said. personally I'm glad he's still here

  2. #22
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 94,670
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Excellent - and so now we all move on...

    Marco.
    I always feel sad for those who are (or have been) less fortunate than me in life and love.

  3. #23
    Join Date: Dec 2011

    Location: Far Away

    Posts: 1,405
    I'm Gone.

    Default

    Just a point of clarification please, I have the Firebottle phono stage, which I was going to review, however I've not bought it and probably won't at this time. If I can't post opinions 'cos I haven't bought it, it kind of negates the use of an audio forum.

  4. #24
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Sheffield - UK

    Posts: 6,690
    I'm Mark.

    Default

    I don't see that it negates it - but presumably one is unlikely to give a negative review to something one has purchased...

    100% Analogue

  5. #25
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: gone

    Posts: 11,567
    I'm gone.

    Default

    I once owned a Linn Unidisk universal optical disc player - it thought it was awful, I loathed it. (I got it in a swap deal.)

    There you go, a negative review of some hifi gear I owned.

    But yes, there will be a strong bias towards positive reviews, won't there.
    Then again, why not spread the good news.
    Last edited by jandl100; 16-05-2014 at 15:35.
    .

  6. #26
    Join Date: Dec 2011

    Location: Far Away

    Posts: 1,405
    I'm Gone.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    But yes, there will be a strong bias towards positive reviews, won't there.


    When I did independent reviews an posted them on Musicosis, I got slammed by the mods here for just posting a link to what was a commercial site and not putting the review on here Now the goal psts have been moved. I may just give up on the whole thing, there's no point in a forum where honest views can't be posted. I think most people on here are grown up enough to see if there is a commercial imperative along with a recommendation.

    FWIW article 10 of the human rights act gives people the right of free expression and I know this is within certain socially accepted parameters. I don't think that giving your views on a bloody cable would be considered in the same way as sowing race hate or revealing cosmic level government secrets

    At the end of the day, you read what people say and then adults make up there own minds. Sadly I will now pass on the Firebottle unit without posting my opinion on it and how it compared to units costing 10 times as much

  7. #27
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: gone

    Posts: 11,567
    I'm gone.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    I don't think that giving your views on a bloody cable would be considered in the same way as sowing race hate or revealing cosmic level government secrets
    Coo - do you know any?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Sadly I will now pass on the Firebottle unit without posting my opinion on it and how it compared to units costing 10 times as much
    Ooo, let's guess ... ... it was better!
    .

  8. #28
    Join Date: May 2009

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post


    When I did independent reviews an posted them on Musicosis, I got slammed by the mods here for just posting a link to what was a commercial site and not putting the review on here Now the goal psts have been moved. I may just give up on the whole thing, there's no point in a forum where honest views can't be posted. I think most people on here are grown up enough to see if there is a commercial imperative along with a recommendation.

    FWIW article 10 of the human rights act gives people the right of free expression and I know this is within certain socially accepted parameters. I don't think that giving your views on a bloody cable would be considered in the same way as sowing race hate or revealing cosmic level government secrets

    At the end of the day, you read what people say and then adults make up there own minds. Sadly I will now pass on the Firebottle unit without posting my opinion on it and how it compared to units costing 10 times as much
    Let's face it, no-one's going to come round your place and demand to see proof of purchase. You could have gotten away with saying you'd bought it.

  9. #29
    Join Date: Dec 2011

    Location: Far Away

    Posts: 1,405
    I'm Gone.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Coo - do you know any?



    Ooo, let's guess ... ... it was better!
    Seriously in the UK in my career, I've had a story subject to a D-Notice once, but I thought the "secrets" were so obvious it wasn't worth their effort. Pretty scary though when special branch call you on an unlisted mobile number within 3 minutes of you being pulled up by the armed rozzers. Another time we published a story and got a nasty letter from the Mod which did mention the penalties under the official secrets act..... I hope telling people this isn't an official secret

    On the second point, let's just say it placed really well

  10. #30
    Join Date: Oct 2011

    Location: Charente, France

    Posts: 3,541
    I'm Nodrog.

    Default

    I'm not sure I see why the new missive stops you reporting your findings in this case. Alan is not a trade member but has designed a superb device specifically for members of this forum. It has already had some very positive reviews to which I will add mine. Its bloody superb and for the price charged its a stupid bargain.

    Yes I'm a mate of his and could easily be accused of a slight bias. However, his phono amp is in daily use in my system and I'm not about to listen every day to something I'm not very happy with.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •