+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Lampizator Level 7

I'm Justin.

The FIVRE rectifier mentioned earlier. Quite nice.

The Chatham potato masher is still my favourite, though.

I'm Justin.

Er.. mistake - it is Mike and Amploft, not Andy.

I'm Justin.

Emission Labs AD1.

I am the only person in the world running these with UX4 bases in a Lampizator DAC. Specially made pour moi.

And they are very, very good indeed, I am relieved to say.

Still evaluating... more for the record later.

I'm Justin.

Well a lot later and the EML AD1 is indeed an excellent sounding triode. With a caveat. It suffers from microphony. In fact all EML and KR valves do to a varying extent.

Enter the Tesla AD1. Tesla Vrsovice has always produced some of the best sounding valves and they are my fave manufacturer of said devices.

This make no mistake a rare valve and it uses the same base as the original Telefunken AD1.

Super low microphony. Excellent sound quality. Definitely better than the EML. The best Lampi triode in my large collection. No question. I have had them a while now and they are definitely ahead of anything else I have.

I have three pairs of these. The valve tester Firebottle got going for me has checked them out and two pairs are beautifully matched and measure as per spec and stronger than spec. The other pair is perfectly usable and sound fine.

Production dates late 40s/early 50s for the two best pairs.

The DAC itself is at Firebottle's for assessment of the power supply. The toroids went noisy, basically. Long story don't ask why Lampizator aren't handling it. Alan will manage to put something very decent in there I am sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728