Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The best or good SCART cable please

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    You have PM Mike.
    I do !
    and answered
    Brian is a hero !

As a treat here is your great band (I love this)
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    The Thor scart cables were very well reviewed by the usual magazines . I've had a couple and IMO they were very nice cables. Made by a company called Philex BTW .
    Know them well. We used to print work for Kim at Philex then they need multi 1000s which is not our field
    Great bloke, must look him up
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    if this is in to a flat panel TV then I would avoid it if I could, analogue video cables - even component - look poor, loads of noise. I was shocked re using an HDMI even a cheap one how much better the picture was, compared to QED and Ixos scarts. Obviously its not always possible to do this but if your av amp converts analogue video to HDMI that might be a better option, though still a compromise.

Regards Neil
    Thanks Neil
    CRT so will be ok
    Flat panel sooner or later.
    Hifi takes precedence !

Mike

I'm andy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Too late
    Shame, sure something would turn up soon, anyway, we're coming into good weather therefore cycling zone,
    you'll not be in front of the telly as you put in the miles, happy Giro viewing btw.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Brian.

You have PM Mike.

I'm Neil.

Thanks Neil
    CRT so will be ok
    Flat panel sooner or later.
    Hifi takes precedence !
    I am sorry I moved my CRT TV on, stick with it as long as you can.

Regards Neil

I'm James.

Regards Neil
    +1 I miss my old "Trinitron"

I'm Mike.

Regards Neil
    Interesting. You're not alone in that opinion and one of the reasons I'm not rushing to go plasma.
    Main reason could be terminal tightness of the wallet course

Have you tuned the set for the best results ?

Mike

I'm Neil.

Interesting. You're not alone in that opinion and one of the reasons I'm not rushing to go plasma.
    Main reason could be terminal tightness of the wallet course

Have you tuned the set for the best results ?
    Within my capabilities yes but its flaws in the way the TV processes rapid movement etc that still let any flat panel type down I have seen todate including the Panasonic 42 in plasma I have which in 2013 was considered the best....can't recall the model number. Frankly it would have been a three star winner in any review I might have done.

CRT TVs did so much better imho.

Regards Neil

I'm Mike.

Within my capabilities yes but its flaws in the way the TV processes rapid movement etc that still let any flat panel type down I have seen todate including the Panasonic 42 in plasma I have which in 2013 was considered the best....can't recall the model number. Frankly it would have been a three star winner in any review I might have done.

CRT TVs did so much better imho.

Regards Neil
    Oh dear looks like the time and money will have to go on new music and kit !

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast