+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help repairing Denon PMA-250SE

I'm Alan.

Here is something to check Jason, you may have come across this as well James:

If the original pot has a metal support bracket or part metal body with pcb lugs, check to see if these are used as links across to other tracks on the pcb.
    This will be the 0V or ground tracks, probably not the case but worth a check.

I've never come across a loudness tap affecting tone controls either

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Jason.

Hi Alan, thanks for that suggestion. I had a look but couldn't see anything obvious.

However, Les the seller has very kindly agreed to pay for the £15 pot from ebay, which is very kind and very much appreciated.

Cheers Les
    Jason™

Built by Hand, Tuned by Life

I'm James.

Top man Les

I'm Jason.

Les is the one on guitar

Jason™

I'm Jason.

Right, just to reach a satisfactory closure with this thread, today I received the replacement pot with loudness tap from ebay that I mentioned above.
    I soldered it in place and would you believe it everything completely works

So against all the odds, the tone controls do seem to be connected to the loudness tap somehow.

Anyway, after this educational epic, I finally have a working cheap-but-good amp I can send to my folks. Under the circumstances I'm going to pass on replacing the opamp and just get this in the post to Greece and be done with.

It sounds excellent by the way - who'd have thought for such a cheap old amp...
    Jason™

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123