+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soundwaves HiFi

I'm Lee.

Default Soundwaves HiFi

A long shot I guess, but does anyone recall a hifi shop run by a guy called Craig (I think), called Soundwaves?

The shop was first based in Holbury, nr Fawley down in Hampshire. He stocked a lot of Naim gear and he was a vinyl nut. Mind you, I'm talking 20 years ago here.

I bought my first proper hifi gear there, a creek 4040 amp with Royd A7 speakers. Then I upgraded to a used Audiolab 8000a and Linn Index II speakers.

Anyway, he then moved to a unit closer to Southampton. I visited him there once, but don't know what's happened since then.

Anyone?
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Peter.

I remember that! I bought my 1st rega 3 there, he had exposure too. It would have been 1988 or there abouts, don't remember the name of the shop, but remember it being in the middle of houses.
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.
    Powered by Custom-HiFi-Cables DC2 psus

I'm Lee.

That's right Peter. It was in Holbury among a parade of shops but it was within a residential estate. And, yes indeed, it was around '88-'90 I'd say.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Peter.

Are you still down that way? I used to go there quite a bit up until 2005.
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.