+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slic Innovations Eclipse C Interconnect at MCRU

I'm Alan.

MCRU

As these are hand made on demand/ordering and from Franks thread I understand they are burned in before despatch or was that just his, what sort of time can a puchaser expect from placing an order and paying for the cable and the cable actually dropping through their letterbox ready to seen what the fuss is about?

Thanks

(or have a bump)
    Last edited by AlanS; 30-04-2014 at 11:37.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    MCRU

As these are hand made on demand/ordering and from Franks thread I understand they are burned in before despatch or was that just his, what sort of time can a puchaser expect from placing and paying for the cable and the cable actually dropping through their letterbox ready to seen what the fuss is about?

Thanks

(or have a bump)
    I have a 0.5 mtr one made up with your name on it

I can post it today/tomorrow if and when you order

As regards your post in another thread about people commenting on the cable, I
    cannot see there being many as most sold so far are not on this forum and I
    do not usually purposely ask customers for comments/reviews they usually send
    them to me without being asked if at all. One customer did reply but when I told
    you all what he had said I was accused of spamming.

If you are also looking as others have asked already for comparisons against other
    company's cables all I will say is I gave eugene a whole raft of interconnects from
    various manufacturers including crystal cables (about £3000 for a 1 mtr i/c) and
    various others with mixtures of oyaide/black rhodium/furutech/belden cable and
    eichmann/wbt/eti/furutech etc etc connectors on to put the SLIC though it's paces
    and I and a few local customers have been listening for a good while now, NONE
    hold a candle to the SLIC, maybe because almost every cable from the last 30+ years
    has been designed the same way with a tube filled with wires/dampening material/
    insulation etc etc in various guises, SLIC is not like that.

Examples below, even submarine cable is designed the same way..

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    I have a 0.5 mtr one made up with your name on it

I can post it today/tomorrow if and when you order

As regards your post in another thread about people commenting on the cable, I
    cannot see there being many as most sold so far are not on this forum and I
    do not usually purposely ask customers for comments/reviews they usually send
    them to me without being asked if at all. One customer did reply but when I told
    you all what he had said I was accused of spamming.

If you are also looking as others have asked already for comparisons against other
    company's cables all I will say is I gave eugene a whole raft of interconnects from
    various manufacturers including crystal cables (about £3000 for a 1 mtr i/c) and
    various others with mixtures of oyaide/black rhodium/furutech/belden cable and
    eichmann/wbt/eti/furutech etc etc connectors on to put the SLIC though it's paces
    and I and a few local customers have been listening for a good while now, NONE
    hold a candle to the SLIC, maybe because almost every cable from the last 30+ years
    has been designed the same way with a tube filled with wires/dampening material/
    insulation etc etc in various guises, SLIC is not like that.

Thanks for your rapid reply.

I am waiting to see when others than Frank make their opinions known and if those opinions (especially in comparison to their existing cables) suggest it is something worth investigating further. So if someone wants a 0.5m as I am sure you would, let them have the one you speak of.

I thought if you made a statement as to how long to deliver it might allow your potential customers for this cable to know what turn around to expect.

The different cable topology of SLIC might make a significant difference that none enthusiasts can discern readily. My system seems remarkably blessed with an absence of things that others have troubling theirs and have to be improved by cable choices. Swapping between a selection of i/cs I have accumulated over the last 20 yrs tells me. I can always make an i/c of bell wire to see how different (worse) that is.

The next few weeks will be interesting.
    Last edited by AlanS; 30-04-2014 at 16:41.

I'm Neil.

Tarzan where's the bloody popcorn?
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    MCRU

As these are hand made on demand/ordering and from Franks thread I understand they are burned in before despatch or was that just his, what sort of time can a puchaser expect from placing an order and paying for the cable and the cable actually dropping through their letterbox ready to seen what the fuss is about?

Thanks

(or have a bump)
    Sorry a more comprehensive reply would have been in order but was and still am too busy making SLICS.

Yes they are burnt in prior to dispatch on a Nordost Vidar cable burner, it does i/c's both rca and xlr, speaker cables and tonearm cables,
    3-4 days is reputedly equivalent to 100 hours normal burn in time or so I was told.

Currently assembly test and shipping is taking 4-5 days then burn in time.

Many thanks

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Tarzan where's the bloody popcorn?

Someone say popcorn?

At your service;
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm David.

A couple of SLIC interconnects being burnt in and off to their new owner on Tuesday, the USB cable
    was constructed over the weekend and trialled against whatever I had lying around, suffice to say
    its rather special, if anyone wants to hear it please pm me and I will pick one person at random to
    send it to as I need some more feedback on it before it goes into production...............

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Sorry a more comprehensive reply would have been in order but was and still am too busy making SLICS.

Yes they are burnt in prior to dispatch on a Nordost Vidar cable burner, it does i/c's both rca and xlr, speaker cables and tonearm cables,
    3-4 days is reputedly equivalent to 100 hours normal burn in time or so I was told.

Currently assembly test and shipping is taking 4-5 days then burn in time.

Many thanks
    So you are constructing them yourself, not Eugene?

By the way is the resistance of each conductor equal? I was thinking that from the topology, it might end up with the outer conductor being about 3 or more times longer than the inner conductor.. Or is that actually desirable as long as you use the slightly lower resistance conductor as the return?

Are balanced ICs on the cards or is it too difficult to find a way to implement that?

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

That is of course an optical cable so isn't relevent by the way... Can I ask, are SLICs pumped full of Vaseline too?? Would explain the name, the sound it makes when you plug it in..

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

...if anyone wants to hear it please pm me and I will pick one person at random to
    send it to as I need some more feedback on it before it goes into production...............
    That's fine, dude, as long as the feedback is conducted in private (off of the forum) between the person auditioning the cables and you, as after recent events, sending out cables at random for members to review on the forum, prior to them buying said cables, is no longer permitted.

Once they've bought the cables in question (after any 30-day money back guarantee has expired), then they are free to review them.

There will be a public announcement made shortly to that effect in the Noticeboard section.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast