Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Up Yours Marco": the title of RD's new rant...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Very predictable from you, now tell me you don't have an agenda!
    I believe that it's called humour

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I answer what I answer - I don't respond to dictators.
    Cop out! You know I've got you by the balls so you're conveniently ignoring it!!

And what happened to the 'I would answer with pleasure', malarkey? Have we taken a little hissy fit?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Cop out! You know I've got you by the balls so you're conveniently ignoring it!!

Marco.
    Ouch!!!

That's gotta hurt

It pisses me off that people say things when they haven't heard what I am using. All you can judge on is what you hear and there is a lot of difference between what you are saying i.e. that you chose what you have from listening to what you could, from people trying to dictate to people that they know best and that they are always right. You realise you have to keep an open mind, which is more than *that* person does. He is like a child with a new toy and all of a sudden it is the best thing on the planet, even if he had been pissing on it the week before, until of course the new one comes along and the old one is thrown in the corner and rejected.
    What a load of utter nonsense Richard! How often do you see me changing equipment? That is just not me at all! Where on earth do you get this stuff from??

I haven't "pissed on" anything. I'm afraid that your rather overactive imagination is playing tricks on you again. I used the exact same methodology as Chris did for choosing my gear to arrive at where I am now - fact!

It pisses me off that people say things when they haven't heard what I am using.
    And it pisses me off when people say things when they haven't heard what I'm using!!!

Can you not see the rather obvious irony here?

Have you heard a DL-103 with an A23 SUT or one of the Denon SUTs I linked to earlier? As far as I know, no. Have you ever heard my modifed Croft preamp and its valve MM phono stage? No. Have you heard the Copper P/P valve amp I use? No. Have you ever heard my Lockwood Major speakers fitted with 15" Tannoy Monitor Reds? No.

So stop making assumptions about them like you claim I'm doing about your gear!!

Marco.

P.S I'll move these (again) off-topic posts to your new rant thread later.
    Main System

Why did you think I was talking about you - did you recognise something?

Yes, your blinkered agenda!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Congratulations chaps !

Now there are 2 threads where we can carry on our childish and continual sniping at each other.

For goodness sake, calm down, grow up and desist.

Otherwise we may as well just call the whole AoS forum "The Richard & Marco (slanging) Show".

I wouldn't mind if the "great debate" were about anything of any great importance, but it's not. It's about Hi-Fi (allegedly).

It seems that my last request was too subtle, so here is a second one.

STOP IT !

Whatever problems the two main protagonists have with each other, in any shape or form, just sort it out amongst yourselves in private and off the forum please !

I will post this in both threads, just to make sure that it gets picked up.

Hopefully when the air has cleared between the two Titans, something good will come of it.

Meanwhile I hope everyone realises that this is just a blip and not a taste of the future of this site.

Hi Chris,

I've still to get time to transfer the off-topic "sniping" posts from the other thread to here, so when that's done (tomorrow - off to bed now) there will only be one "sniping" thread left, I promise, which is this one

As far as this thread is concerned, perhaps you could suggest how it would be best managed? Richard clearly has a 'bee in his bonnet', and is like a dog with a bone, so how do I 'address' this other than ignoring him or banning him?

The second last option is extremely difficult, and the last one I'm loathe to do and will simply be a last resort.

Your suggestions are most welcomed

Marco.
    Main System

Thumbs up Now the dust has settled it's time to move on...

I've still to get time to transfer the off-topic "sniping" posts from the other thread to here...
    'Tis done, Chris. The other thread is now 'uninfected'

Hopefully when the air has cleared between the two Titans, something good will come of it.

Meanwhile I hope everyone realises that this is just a blip and not a taste of the future of this site.
    Absolutely not! Let me make this crystal clear to everyone. Richard obviously had some things he wanted to get off his chest, so we allowed him to do that. That's what yesterday's 'sparring' was all about.

But now that's done and dusted, he'll have to decide whether he wishes to remain a part of our community or not, because in order for that to happen Richard will be required to contribute positively and constructively to discussions from now on and not simply use this site as a vehicle to rant at what he dislikes/disagrees with.

The sort of interactions he's been having with the likes of AnthonyTD and DSJR are the benchmark of what is required, where the accent is on mutual help and understanding and not confrontation

Therefore once this thread has served its purpose it will be locked.

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast