Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Up Yours Marco": the title of RD's new rant...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Marco is a nice moderator.

He is full of good laughs and respect.

Keep up the good work bad boy!
    Cheers, Shane. Oi does me best

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Anthony,

LOL. What are you doing, matey?

I'd left that post on the other thread because, as you said, it was vaguely on-topic!

This thread is solely for Richard's new rant (whatever he decides to call it)!

Marco.
    well,
    i figured which ever post richard comes back to first!!!
    A...

Hahaha... Well, as this has been a very mad day in AOS-land, why bother stopping the lunacy?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Just change the title to - Up Yours Marco

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Richard,
    Now things have calmed down a bit and, as my earlier post seems to have inspired your exchange with Marco, I thought I'd better say a few words. I'd like to assure you that some people have tried listening with an open mind to many different options for phono amplification & have settled on transformers. If you're interested, please take a look at this thread:
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2907

You may think that my insistance on the use of an SP8/Koetsu show a fundamental flaw in my hearing, I don't know, but my gear makes a noise I like!

Terribly sorry, as I seem to have overlooked your products, though!

As with most discussions there is an element of truth in what both of you were saying & perhaps you are both quite similar in some ways (something which usually horrifies people when they hear it suggested about themselves!)
    It pisses me off that people say things when they haven't heard what I am using. All you can judge on is what you hear and there is a lot of difference between what you are saying i.e. that you chose what you have from listening to what you could, from people trying to dictate to people that they know best and that they are always right. You realise you have to keep an open mind, which is more than *that* person does. He is like a child with a new toy and all of a sudden it is the best thing on the planet, even if he had been pissing on it the week before, until of course the new one comes along and the old one is thrown in the corner and rejected.

I'm Rob.

Default Thread title

Can I suggest:

'Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!'

Ok Richard,

1 - I would with pleasure if I had a clue as to what you are talking about, as it seems to resemble nothing I wrote.
    Allow me to explain... You said (on the other thread):

I have said clearly on many occassions, if people use their ears and not others or others bullshit to buy product then they have bought the best for them.
    ...to which I replied:

I think you're clearly lacking introspection. If you honestly believe that then why can't you extend this courtesy to those who use and enjoy equipment that is derived from a different technology to that which you use, manufacture, and deem as being 'superior', instead of rather disrespectfully labelling them with some crass terminology or description that you've invented in your head?
    What I meant by that was, to use your words, 'I have used my ears and not others or others bullshit to buy product, therefore I have bought the best for me.' By this I am referring to my choice of main amplification (valve) and my choice of MC cartridge amplification (SUT).

Therefore, given that I've done exactly as you deem is 'correct', as quoted above, then why do you insist on using rather crass and inaccurate terminology you've invented from fantasy (such as "bottlehead", etc, as if I'm somehow brainwashed) to describe my choices and the way I've assembled my system?

I am not any kind of "head", 'bottle' or 'sand', or even 'dick', haha I simply choose whatever I feel best reproduces (for me) the sound of real music. I couldn't give a monkey's bollocks whether that's valves or SS. Right now it's valves; in 10 years time it might be SS. Nothing for me is ever written in stone.

So, in future, please don't refer to me as anything other than a hi-fi enthusiast and music lover who at the moment just happens to like valves and SUTs. I take exception to being disrespectfully and superficially pigeonholed in that way.

Do you understand what I'm getting at now?

2 - I have had enough of forum owners trying to ponce equipment off me, I have had about four emails from so called owners and moderators on Head-Fi asking if want good review there. Even the UK headphone forum owner was trying to ponce one last year - it must be a headphone amp thing. Simple answer - no - you are a punter and no big shit just because you share ownership on a forum. Even if you were a big shit or a industry slurper you would have even less chance. My customers become my friends, when I know them and trust them they can borrow anything. You my dear feller are neither.
    You've completely missed the point. I'm not asking to "ponce equipment". You've made your position on that quite clear. What I am saying is that some time in the future I'm sure that you'll be at a bake-off on 'neutral territory' where I may perhaps also be present, and this could be an opportunity to hear your amps and/or phono stage.

It's inevitable that I'm going to hear your products sometime, and when I do, if it is demonstrated to me that your MC phono stage is superior to my SUT with a Denon DL-103 cartridge, then I'll gladly come on this forum and admit it. However, if the situation is the reverse will you have the gumption to do the same?

3 - I never heard that expression in Forte de Marmi last year.
    "Pish" is a Scottish expression. I was born in Glasgow, not in Italy, same as my parents - although my grandparents and great grandparents were all born in Tuscany in Italy. I love Scotland and am proud of my Scottish roots, but because of my ancestry and way of life/values, I consider myself more Italian than Scottish.

Btw, did you mean Forte Dei Marmi?

If so, it's only about 50km from where we have our villa in Tuscany. I'm more of a countryside than a beach person myself!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Just change the title to - Up Yours Marco
    Ok, as you wish!

I would then appreciate you answering my last post above

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by RobHolt View Post
    Can I suggest:

'Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!'

Very predictable from you, now tell me you don't have an agenda!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ok, as you wish!

I would then appreciate you answering my last post above

Marco.
    I answer what I answer - I don't respond to dictators.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast