+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from Austria

I'm Werner.

Hi, Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    I notice you are using the Q Acoustics speakers, but I'm afraid your links are broken at this time so I don't know which model they are.
    My system with recent pictures is described in detail in the thread titled “Werner’s system”. All links are up to date and working.

My Q Acoustics are 1000i, but this model is not available anymore. The new version is called 1010i, but as far as I can tell there seems to be not much difference between the speakers I use and their successors.

[…] what kind of difference the sub woofer makes, ie do you feel it is essential?
    Yes, in my opinion the seperate subwoofer absolutely is essential. Without it I would miss a lot when listening to music, especially when returning back to my office from the rather big floorstanding Triangle Esprit speakers I use upstairs in the living room.

What size room is this set up in?
    2.71 × 3.53 m or 8.89 × 11.58 ft.

What about the valve amp?

A sweet little hybrid amp, originally manufactured by Dared, a Chinese company specialized in valve amps, but sold under the “Fatman” label by TL Audio. Luckily I was able to purchase it without iPod dock and remote control, since I have no need for this options. To my ears it sounds pretty good, the distance between the bookshelf speakers and my listening position is approximately 4 ft, and the amp’s volume knob usually is in the 8 and very rarely above the 9 o’clock position. The amp also works surprisingly good as headphone amplifier for my AKG K701 cans.

Werner.
    Last edited by Werner Berghofer; 25-06-2011 at 14:57.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Lee.

Werner,

Many thanks for the redirection.

You have a beautiful home and some great kit.

May I ask what you do for a living?
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Lee.

Kindly ignore that. I'm being lazy.

Just checked your profile instead
    Lee

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Last.fm

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Now we all want to know and will scuttle off and do the same!

(Hope you're well Lee and the world is good with you - been a while since we've seen you.)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Now we all want to know and will scuttle off and do the same!

(Hope you're well Lee and the world is good with you - been a while since we've seen you.)
    I am well thank you Alex. I am sorry I haven't been around AOS much recently despite posting a while back stating that I hoped to frequent the place a little more often. Unfortunately, life and work kinda gets in the way.

However, whenever I ponder over the state of my hifi or digital music in general, this is the place I come to. Sadly, I don't listen to music anywhere near as much as I'd like to and that may not change until I change my system, or rather add one into my lounge. When that time comes I may add spotify premium too.

Hope you and yours are well too. She's really growing up eh?
    Lee

Last.fm

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Good to hear you're well, Lee. All good here - and yes, they grow up so fast!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123