Closed Thread
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The "MYSTERY CABLE" - revisited.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    I did say "subtle"
    Yes. It must have been exceptionally subtle.

If you wanted to try one, all you had to do was ask.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Yes. It must have been exceptionally subtle.

If you wanted to try one, all you had to do was ask.
    I wouldn't have the cheek to ask directly Paul.

When people like Jerry and others have only positive things to say about your products, then the time to ask is long past anyway.

However, if you want a second opinion on any new products you introduce then I will be happy to lend you my ears

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Frank...knows cables.

I've known him to go against popularity (talking back in the day late Hifichoice/early Wigwam days..) back when doing so wasn't so trendy as it is nowadays...so I'm convinced there's no agenda here.
    In my experience He says what he thinks, fashionable or not.
    Those are the kind of guys you listen to.

Not heard the cable and not advocating it either, just my take on the the guys opinion.
    100% spot on chief, that is why I have sent Frank many many cables over the last 2 years for his opinions before I launched them (and other people of course) 90% were rejected has having a failing somewhere!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Frank...knows cables.

I've known him to go against popularity (talking back in the day late Hifichoice/early Wigwam days..) back when doing so wasn't so trendy as it is nowadays...so I'm convinced there's no agenda here.
    In my experience He says what he thinks, fashionable or not.
    Those are the kind of guys you listen to.

Not heard the cable and not advocating it either, just my take on the the guys opinion.
    Frank May know his cables but previous experience of what Frank hears and what I hear is different. Therefore I can safely assume if Franks hears something there is a strong chance I will not. So the amazement Frank has experienced and relates is something I shall not persue.

Generally I find superlatives put me off. I have never been amazed by anything in HiFi except perhaps peoples descriptions of their experiences.

Thanks Frank for telling us how it was for you.

I'm Andrew.

Just playing devils advocate here I guess but if Frank has been "reviewing" cables so long I'd have to wonder how old he is as this might affect his hearing.

I'm Tom.

Heavens above Alan, your post is I think the first I have agreed with totally with what you have written below.

I doff my cap to you Sir, because it is a truly good post

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    Frank May know his cables but previous experience of what Frank hears and what I hear is different. Therefore I can safely assume if Franks hears something there is a strong chance I will not. So the amazement Frank has experienced and relates is something I shall not persue.

Generally I find superlatives put me off. I have never been amazed by anything in HiFi except perhaps peoples descriptions of their experiences.

Thanks Frank for telling us how it was for you.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Just playing devils advocate here I guess but if Frank has been "reviewing" cables so long I'd have to wonder how old he is as this might affect his hearing.

How old do you think I am? I certainly don't suffer from Presbycusis because my hearing has always been very good and still is.

Even someone well into their 70's can still hear perfectly well with the exception of the upper frequencies, say above 15khz or 16khz.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I was a bit alarmed that you haven't yet tried the MG or RFC cables Frank. PLEASE at the very least, try to find a 1m HD1000 or 1500 - they do come up fairly regularly for not much money and since most of 'us' know them and rate them highly, I think you should have a set as a reference... The RFC £100 model isn't established enough for any to be available on the used market, but the same applies here too whenever.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I was a bit alarmed that you haven't yet tried the MG or RFC cables Frank. PLEASE at the very least, try to find a 1m HD1000 or 1500 - they do come up fairly regularly for not much money and since most of 'us' know them and rate them highly, I think you should have a set as a reference... The RFC £100 model isn't established enough for any to be available on the used market, but the same applies here too whenever.
    +1 It would be most interesting...

I'm ChrisB.

So please may I ask what it is that makes this cable cost ~£500?
    Is it only the fact that, in the estimation of the seller, that's a price that can be achieved, or is there some other reason?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast