Closed Thread
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The "MYSTERY CABLE" - revisited.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    I am then asking you to accept my word alone that my truly humble system sounds like a £3k+ one, JUST by the addition of this cable. I took it all to a bakeoff last weekend and it saw off a system costing considerably more with some famous names on the fronts. I seem to recall in my previous tome about this cable that I would equate going from a £1k amp to a £3k amp because the amp hierarchy has to contend with the laws of diminishing returns, but I don't see this cable being saddled with that problem. It is what it is and rather than read the garbage I may write about it, you should ask Mr MRCU if you can have a play with one too.
    That is very interesting Frank.....I might just get one in to try...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Jason.

you have got your system Frank at a great price and for my eyes.
    you have a very good looking system,the cd player is tank like build and the amp looks so lush.

I'm Jason.

i did read somewhere before,i think on this forum that the cd player is best used with a dac.
    or at least that is what the poster did

I'm Andrei.

I wonder what the 11 secret herbs and spices are?
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Paul.

I have dropped a couple of subtle hints for Paul at RFC to send me one of his Plutos to play with but no joy. Haven't tried one of Mark's either for that matter, but I can say the same of a very long list of cables that I haven't heard either, but the list I have heard is rather esoteric and dare I say, expensive.

My favourite interconnects for a long time have been the Lessloss "Anchorwave" which are another awesome sounding cable that nobody has heard of The SLIC Eclipse easily beats those.
    Have you? News to me!

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    I wonder what the 11 secret herbs and spices are?
    Could be dog poo for all I know, but there is no smell to it

By the same token, I don't go charging into the kitchen demanding the chef tells me exactly how the superb meal I have just eaten was made either.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Have you? News to me!
    I did say "subtle"

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Could be dog poo for all I know, but there is no smell to it
    I like it......

Frank can you give me some idea what other interconnects you tried this SLIC Eclipse against?

Thanks so much
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm gone.

I did say "subtle"
    heh - send the man a pair of the new Pluto2, Paul.

I'm guy.

I have just looked on the MCRU website and "sub-£500" is £492 in cold hard cash for a cable up to and including 1 metre.

Thank you for the generous estimates of my system's value Bev, because the actual value is a lot less than your thumbnail sketching Speakers = £100, Amp = £125, CD player around £250, speaker cable = £90

I am then asking you to accept my word alone that my truly humble system sounds like a £3k+ one, JUST by the addition of this cable. I took it all to a bakeoff last weekend and it saw off a system costing considerably more with some famous names on the fronts. I seem to recall in my previous tome about this cable that I would equate going from a £1k amp to a £3k amp because the amp hierarchy has to contend with the laws of diminishing returns, but I don't see this cable being saddled with that problem. It is what it is and rather than read the garbage I may write about it, you should ask Mr MRCU if you can have a play with one too.
    So if it all works in proportion, this cable makes your £125 amp sound like a £375 one

Excellent, and all for only £490

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast