+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What if a substantial records order goes wrong? Advice needed

I'm Kevin.

I may be adding to this thread soon, although it's not a "substantial" order....
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Charlie.

This is my only experience with SN. I ordered an Analogue Productions 45 rpm copy of Dusty in Memphis from Scott Nangle earlier this year. I did it on the phone, and chatted with Alex for over 20 mins. It was out of stock, but delivery was due shortly. Alex sent me an invoice, once the item had arrived in the UK. After payment, I got an email with a Hermes tracking number and the LP arrived a couple of days later.

I'm Kevin.

My previous order with Scott went through smoothly - that was for a preamp.
    This one is much smaller, but has been a nightmare.
    I have had stuff coming from China and Russia arriving quicker.
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

A refund has been issued for my order.
    Kevin

I'm Pete.

...and just to add balance to those who've been lucky enough to get good service from Scott, all of my dealings with him have been an absolute nightmare and in on each occasion, if Marco hadn't been good enough to help push things along, I'd probably still be waiting...
    CDP: Primare CD31 Amp: Audio Note Oto SE DAC: M2Tech Young & Van Der Graaf PSU Speakers: Tannoy Cheviots
    Streaming: bespoke Korus server with SOtM soundcard, AudioQuest Jitterbug & Furutech GT2 USB cable
    Speaker Cable: Tellurium Q Black - Interconnects: MS Audio/Klotz MC5000

Come Chill With Me...
    https://www.mixcloud.com/orbscure
    http://theorbscureddj.blogspot.co.uk
    + play + enjoy + float + dream +

I'm Kevin.

The main thing is, I am not out of pocket.
    Scott has also said that if the order does arrive, then I can keep it free of charge.
    I can't say fairer than that.

My big purchase was flawless, the second one troublesome, but he has no control of the post when things leave his premises.
    If I purchase from Scott in future, I will be using tracked mail.
    Kevin

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    The main thing is, I am not out of pocket.
    Scott has also said that if the order does arrive, then I can keep it free of charge.
    I can't say fairer than that.

My big purchase was flawless, the second one troublesome, but he has no control of the post when things leave his premises.
    If I purchase from Scott in future, I will be using tracked mail.
    TBH! I think if I got a refund and then the items did arrive, I would send the payment or at least a large portion on the payment (maybe keep some for hassle payment) That's just me of course.

I'm Kevin.

Just a minor update - the refund has arrived in my account.
    Still no sign of the package. It's rare I get a problem with the post, but I understand that it is outside Scott's control once he has posted it. The next order I place will be tracked/signed for.

My order was for a Disc Doctor record cleaning brush and RCM strips. About €60 to €70 worth.
    If the parcel turns up, I will get in touch with Scott, and either pay for it, or send it back as I have ordered the bits I wanted to clean my records elsewhere. Not the same products, but hopefully as good as the ones that Scott sells.

It must be frustrating for Scott when stuff gets lost in the post, but I cannot fault the customer service.
    Kevin

I'm Clive.

I'm sad to see that SN is still causing issues. I ordered a LP from Scott quite some time ago and it was only after the intervention of AoS that I got a refund after many e-mails.
    Every week I receive an e-mail from SN which after a quick read I post into the little bin at the bottom of my Yahoo page. I'm glad that some of you receive your orders but I for one will NEVER order from Scott.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Steve.

Sounds like items are in stock on his website but not really if you know what I mean!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast