+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if a substantial records order goes wrong? Advice needed

I'm Dirk.

Default What if a substantial records order goes wrong? Advice needed

I've ordered from Scott Nangle in February because I needed another supplier for Music Matters mainly. Had a cheap Spanish seller for a year, but he stopped his business. Ordered from Alan Ross at Jazzhouserecords which was fine, but still quite expensive.
    So I stumbled across snvinyl.co.uk, seemed a trustworthy shop, with also a high audio equipment real life shop. Sounded good. It's the webschop of Scott Nangle Audio.
    I placed an order for £ 106. Since he doesn't accept Paypal I ended up paying by bank transfer, risky, but since all looked well, I went along with it. He received payment on 24 February.
    Since then I'm still waiting for my order. Initially there was a problem with the new 33 rpm Music Matters Blue Train which was in stock when I ordered, but out of stock when my payment came in I guess. I've sent loads of emails, many of which were not answered. Or answered in such a way that I wasn't any wiser.
    So I first called him on 21 March to see what was happening and he then explained the problem with the Blue Train. I changed that for the new Music Matters 33 rpm Soul Station. Scott assured me the record would be in the shop the week after on Tuesday or Wednesday (26 March). I kept on waiting but nothing was brought by the mailman.
    So I called last Friday, 4th of April. Scott confirmed everything was ready, but he had a backlog of many orders so it would take him to Monday/Tuesday to send my order. Been mailing to check if that would be the case, several times this week, none of these mails were answered.

So I don't know what to do, being a bank transfer there is nothing I can do to get my money back by asking my bank to intervene. I've bought tons lp's off Ebay and webshops without zero complaint. So this is driving me mad, luckily I held off buying my usual amount of records, but still, it's not a trifle.

Anyone else who has this experience with Scott Nangle or knows how to go about this?

Many thanks

Dirk (Ghent Belgium)

MartinT Guest

I'm afraid I've suffered in a similar way, Dirk. It's more difficult for you as you are not in this country. However, I believe that the Scottish Small Claims Court is accessible to you and you may need to use it. Firstly, I would call him (you will get through eventually) and have a very firm conversation with him, giving him deadlines that he must meet.

PM me if you need more information (you may need to make a few more postings first).

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Dirk,

Welcome to AoS, and sorry to hear about your problems with Scott. Sadly, this is becoming way too common an occurrence now, so something drastic will have to be done.

Leave it with me. I guarantee that you will receive a PM from him shortly that will remedy the situation. I have upgraded your account to 'Registered User' status, in order to facilitate that process.

Please accept our apologies for this situation (as Scott is a registered trade member here) and rest assured that we'll try and sort things out as soon as possible.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm scott.

Hi Dirk
    your order was shipped over a week ago by airmail must assume lost/stolen in transit I Did send you a email about shipping

Shipped replacements for all four LPs by TNT express today & will email the tracking number to you so you can check delivery progress online

Coltrane Blue Train are like goldust at present all my stock sold out on preorders , several dozen due on tomorrow / monday for stock

MartinT Guest

Scott - the 'lost/stolen in transit' story is wearing a bit thin, don't you think? Much like the reply that 'got lost'?

I'm Dirk.

Thanks for your concern!

I've got a reply from Scott as a result, and he gave me a tracking code which would be life noon tomorrow. I'll keep you updated if this is genuine or not. I hope it will be, because this case has caused me a lot of headaches.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Dirk

This has made me a little worried as I ordered £118 worth of records from Scott a week ago and it has been "viewed" and that's it so far.

Nick
    Nick

UK - Technics SP10, EPA 500, AT33SA - Roonserver on i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet 1000 PRO CI - Magico S5 - Finite Elemente Wall Shelf

Spain - Roonserver on i7 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Ergo IX

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I agree it can take some time to receive some orders, however I've always had good service from Scott, and I've always got what I ordered, even if it's taken a while. Not much he can do about it, he can't send the records until he's received them. We are talking about some rare pressings here after all.

Is he perfect? No, but I still buy from him.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nick, fear not, you will get your order.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Hi Ali

Thanks for that - I was not worried at all until I saw this thread actually but may just ring up to check.

See you at Owston, another late session on Friday night I expect!!!!!

Nick
    Nick

UK - Technics SP10, EPA 500, AT33SA - Roonserver on i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet 1000 PRO CI - Magico S5 - Finite Elemente Wall Shelf

Spain - Roonserver on i7 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Ergo IX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast