+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First listen to cassette for donkey's years

I'm Andr'e.

Just fer yew guys

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    'OO' no you cannot record your own..

I used to find funny the 'Home Taping Kills Music & It's Illegal' was it? It was quite an odd statement as they already killed it using cack qwality audio tape. so how worse could they expect?

However the old Barbarian still has hundreds of his Audio cassettes..
    It was nonsense.

I had ten years of concerts off Radio 3 taped. I'm sure my nephew had them to store for me in his loft but he says they are not there and doesn't remember them!! Some of those live broadcasts contained the most wonderful performances. Wish I had them now

I'm Charlie.

My Nak Dragon sounds fab. It cost me £500 a few years ago - much better than the average CD player - oh and it can record too!

I'm Andr'e.

Quote Originally Posted by topoxforddoc View Post
    much better than the average CD player
    Peeps keeps saying this but it's not exactly hard, Even that 70's Techy that i use sounds better than any of the CD i own.

I think it's a case of people judging Audio cassette in the past by poor quality pre-recorded's imho..

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Just fer yew guys

Is that an RS-273 Andre? Brings back memories - my first deck inherited from my father was a Technisc RS-263US. It made recordings that sounded stunning when played back on it, but were slow and muffled on any other machines. It was only years later I realised it was clearly running fast and the azimuth was way out!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Andr'e.

'RS273USD' Which is different to the 'US' Sounds great, no technical issues even when playing cassettes back on other machines!

I'm Tom.

Couldn't resist...
    These days - in terms of units - I get more new music on tape than I do any other format. Arrived home today after a week in the Lakes to a fresh batch - here's particularly fine example:

For experimental/underground music, the format never really went away, and has recently enjoyed a resurgence in popularity - ironically aided by more contemporary delivery systems like bandcamp - with new labels springing up all over the place; a good time to be an analogue fetishist

I'm Jean.

With good machine and say some TDK SA-X or AD-X and ,,,

A great Technics Sl-1200 Mk2 upgraded to a say an Origin live Onyx tonearm and every thing else lol

Don't forget a vintage cart and stylus like a Stanton 881S

It would make awesome tapes

Oh a good phono section or preamps

And transformers if using a moving coil cartridge

Thanks

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Quote Originally Posted by .mus View Post
    Couldn't resist...
    These days - in terms of units - I get more new music on tape than I do any other format. Arrived home today after a week in the Lakes to a fresh batch - here's particularly fine example:

For experimental/underground music, the format never really went away, and has recently enjoyed a resurgence in popularity - ironically aided by more contemporary delivery systems like bandcamp - with new labels springing up all over the place; a good time to be an analogue fetishist
    That's a music scene I kind of like but never seem to get around to setting up a deck I like. Resonance FM have had some shows playing only cassette label new music - a show run by The Wire magazine.

I wanted to get some T-shirts printed for Cassette Day last Sept but didn't get my arse into gear, perhaps this time around...

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by .mus View Post
    Couldn't resist...

I had no idea that music was still available on tape. I saw a tape on eBay last week and they were asking about £100 for it - just one cassette!. I thought metal was a high as it got. I can't remember what type this one was. All our tapes have been MacOsised along with the Cds, struggled to find any to test the Pioneer with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast