+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello to a civilised forum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Richard.

Default Hello to a civilised forum

I've read the AoS forum a fair bit and have finally properly joined. Thanks for having me.

I'm fairly new to Hi Fi, but have spent an enthusiastic year or so putting together my first proper system. All SS. Roksan Darius stand-mount speakers via Alchemist Forseti Pre and a Parasound A21 power. I use an Alchemist Kraken CD player (2 box) and an Inspire-Rega TT heavily tweaked. And a Haden Boardman valve pre phono.

I'm big on isolation, so have experimented a lot with various bits of kit, and have made my own granite rack, all fully floating. Fun. And cheap.

I stream through Sonus, but my CD is nearly always better, and first love is always vinyl.

I hope I can contribute to the forum. Thank you. Richard

synsei Guest

Welcome to AoS Richard, what sort of music do you enjoy listening to?

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Welcome to AoS Richard, what sort of music do you enjoy listening to?

Hello Synsei. If I say 'all sorts' it sounds like a cop-out, doesn't it, but it's honestly true. Although I will have a lot of Music For Pleasure and Monte Python albums for sale at some point… They do take up a lot of space! I mention this just to make the point that I don't listen to 'everything'. The last line of Dirty Harry, as uttered by Clint, says it all: "Every man should know his limitations."
    Last edited by Kneesup; 31-03-2014 at 22:48.

I'm sorted.

Hello Richard. Is your surname Brown by any chance? (Knees up....? I'll get me coat)

MartinT Guest

Hello Richard and welcome to AoS. That Parasound is a keeper!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hi, that's a pretty good first system.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Richard.

Thanks gents for all your kind messages. I much appreciate it. The 'knees up' name comes from my motorcycling forum input. Everyone banging on about getting their knee-down the whole time… Well, mine are up. When 'biking. And dancing. And stuff.

Can someone tell me why I can't send a PM to anyone? I would like to reply to a classified advert and have read the forum rules but seem to be missing something.

Many thanks. Richard

I'm Richard.

And Martin, I agree about the Parasound. Thank you. I blew up my Avondale S100 and was recommended the Parasound as more suitable for driving my Darius. It's a fabulous thing. Really love it. Just need the Ayre K-5 xe MP to match it now… but that's a long way off.

I'm sorted.

Think you need 5+ posts before you can PM? (someone more savvy than me will be along it a bit)

I'm Richard.

Sounds good to me, Roy. And this one is my fifth. Thanks for the steer! R

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast