+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hiya

I'm Donny.

Default Hiya

Hi guys... I'm joining as I've finally got my first proper deck (a battered Technics 1210) and I'd like some advice on how best to set it up and get maximum quality from it for my requirements.

The rest of my setup's pretty basic - a Cambridge P25 MkII, and Wharfedale CRS3 speakers - stuff I've basically been bequeathed over the years.

My main aim is to digitize old vinyl to the best quality I can rather than sit there listening to it. (I don't spend a great deal of time at home.)

So I plan to start getting the 1210 ship-shape so I can at least play vinyl then look at replacing my other components if necessary.

I'm David.

Hi Donny, welcome to AOS There are a number of Technics TT users on the forum who can offer good advice.

I'm ILOB.

Welcome to AOS Donny
    What music do you enjoy
    If you ask your questions around the 1210 on the Technics section of the forum you should get some useful advice from those that have gone down a similar path
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Donny.

Will do John.

Music wise, mainly indie/alternative, a bit of electronic, and there's usually some 80s pop sniffing around the back door.

Vinyl wise I've recently been finding and getting into an avalanche of what I'd term 'interesting novelty', but what others would probably term 'utter crap'.
    Eg, I didn't realise quite how many stars from the 60s and 70s made ill-advised one off singles or albums. I love finding stuff that never even charted.

MartinT Guest

Hi Donny and welcome to AoS. The Techiepedia will give you lots of answers to your questions.

+ Reply to Thread