+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pioneer???

I'm Nick.

Default Pioneer???

I am currently using a Luxman turntable, Chichester I think is ok, but am soooo tempted by a pioneer TT, Anyone got experience of Pioneer TTs?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned664 View Post
    I am currently using a Luxman turntable, Chichester I think is ok, but am soooo tempted by a pioneer TT, Anyone got experience of Pioneer TTs?
    Why just Pioneer? Just about all the Japanese companies turned out great TTs. I have a beautiful Pioneer PL-61. The top of the range, belt drive TT, about 1969, with the big 'Hall effect' motor. But most of the time I use a Toshiba SR-370 with a Mission 774 fluid damped arm, which sounds superb.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nick.

Well, I am a bit of a Pioneer fan but, I am open to suggestions, there is a very lovely Toshiba on ebay at the mo that also tempts me. It's just that I have had great experience of the pioneer stuff.

I'm Geoff.

There's one turntable I've always wanted to try and that's the Harman Kardon TT with the Rabco parallel tracking arm. I'm not sure if this was actually Japanese, like most other Harman Kardon stuff, but it looks beautiful.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

I have a PL-71 which has kept some other decks off the top perch for several months. Great midrange.

I'm Robert.

If you can find one then the Pioneer Exclusive P3 or P3a will put a big smile on your face. In the list of best ever high end DD's - all 4O odd kgs of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLfNfHSy1uc

I'm Julian.

PL-71 is a great deck if you just want to plug 'n play ... It's good enough to take a very decent cart as well.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Abdulrahman.

Pioneer PL-570 is really a great vintage one. well made by Pioneer, fully auto with wood plinth and great arm.
    It is in the near high-end level
    Cassette Deck:
    Nak. ZX-9, Dragon, Sony TC-K555ES, TC-FX6, TC-K77R, TC-160, Pioneer Elite CT-07D, CT-F700, CT-W404R

R2R: Sony TC-580, Aiwa TP-708, Revox B77 MKii

TT:Technics SL-1210M5G, PHILIPS 133 PORTABLE, MARANTZ TTS1, DUAL CS406, DENON DP-47F, Thorens TD-146, Thorens TD-290, AR-XA, PIONEER PL-530, REGA RP 6, Dual 1019 (2), Dual 1229, Pioneer PL-530 & PL-570, Denon DP-A100, Threns TD-125 MKII, Kenwood KD-750

Amp.:Pioneer VSX- 515

CD: TASCAM CD-RW-901SL

+ Reply to Thread