+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Tell Us About Your Avatar.............

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Andy,

Have you submitted that picture to Nick (Beechwoods) for consideration to go into the new banner? If not, please send him the image, as it's excellent

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm drunk.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I am sure you had all worked out mine is my little girl, who is now 22 months, and it grew out of when she was born and everyone said she was the spitting image of her daddy so I started using her picture on Facebook, and then when I found forums it kind of stuck. Only disadvantage is that I obviously have to update it reasonably regularly, and I guess she'll be quite cheesed off with it when she's 18!

Sometimes I really fancy a change, I want to use this...

...but I don't have the heart!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Mine depicts my girlfriend staring at my hifi insidiously, and about to dissect it with a fork.

Oh, or maybe she was simply trying to finish dessert. I guess I'm just being paranoid...
    Alex

Mine is the mad Minkey... which is moi.

I'm Gino.

I don’t really understand avatars but am grateful for Barry’s interesting explanation. My own new effort perhaps symbolises me in so far as it is an old portable tape recorder. I am becoming old, I like vintage equipment and still often use magnetic tape. The recorder; a Stellavox SU8 was desiged and built by Mr Georges Quellet who is a bit of a genius, which I am not.

I'm Will.

A fairly obvious one for anyone familiar with Joy Division...

Unknown pleasures is not my favourite album (that can change daily), although I do like the album a lot, it's more that it's my favourite album cover, I like the simplicity...oh and I had the image to hand.
    Cheers, Will

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Sign from outside a festival that I used to go to for many years and enjoyed "lost weekends", as evidenced by taking photos of signs like this (!?!) and seeing J&M Chain, Killing Joke, Siouxsie, 2 Many DJs...

It symbolises (no, please, wait...) me being switched off from work and stuff and being on the other side of the sign and in a good space, at least for a short while.

I use it on all forums I'm in. Maybe I lack imagination.

Pete

I'm Paul.

Well,with any luck ive figured out how to show my picture........
    It comes from a nick-name ive had for years,concerning my build,and the way i walk....according to everyone else!!
    Paul.

I'm Deleted.

I used to love the Jesus and Mary Chain (still do).

There isn't much point in commenting on my avatar as it's pretty obvious.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast