+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record Store Day

I'm Andr'e.

Default Record Store Day

Can someone please explain to me how this RSD thing works, we got Deep Purple 'Shades Of' released next one & don't want to miss out.. Do certain outlets get designated a RSD seller?

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Its just for independent shops André and the stock on sale that day is specific for that day. Not all shops get the entire catalogue and the UK catalogue differs to the US. If there is something in particular you want, best to find a shop and enquire beforehand. There are limited supplies and once they are gone, they are gone. People start lining up early too at some stores. Always a great day out, I have been for the last few years and my local always has artists performing in-store - I normally spend more than I intend, but I like to support it. I have a bunch of LPs sat waiting for a record player to play them from Record Store Days! They do sell some CDs, but its mostly vinyl.

http://www.recordstoreday.co.uk/

Here's a list of releases, but as I say not every store gets everything and the popular stuff flies off the shelf very quickly.

http://www.recordstoreday.co.uk/medi...%20listing.pdf

EDIT:
    My local store lists what they are getting, so its worth getting in touch or going down there. This is from 2011;

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I should add that you have to go there on the day to make purchases, you can't order or reserve records ahead of time (unless the store will do it for you, but they shouldn't do?). So if they sell out on the day, that's it unless you can find it at another store.

I'm Andr'e.

Thanks Tim much appreciated. Looks like there's four shops in Sheffield to enquire

I'm Andrew.

Yes I intend to visit two of my local record shops and probably spend a stupid amount of money that I dont have, such is life...
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andr'e.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Yes I intend to visit two of my local record shops and probably spend a stupid amount of money that I dont have, such is life...
    Aye one near you Andy

I'm scott.

RSD gets bigger every year , losing track of all the titles Just ordering a couple of dozen UK & USA titles myself this year
    still have some RSD 2013 & RSD Black friday left

I'm Andrew.

Wakefield and Huddersfield. I could also go to Barnsley or Leeds. I would personally avoid Leeds as it bound to be rammed. You could do Barnsley??
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I shall be out of the country on RSD - but then there aren't any independent record stores left in Chelmsford any more. They were all driven out by bloody HMV!
    Last edited by Barry; 27-03-2014 at 10:27.
    Barry

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

This is the first one I'll miss as my Dad is 90 on the 18th, so I'll be away - not sure he would appreciate me saying I'm busy buying records!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast