+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sparrows Fell off his perch..

I'm john.

Default Sparrows Fell off his perch..

Needs be but I must completely stop buying vinyl and drastically cut back on the ever growing piles and piles of CD's....was having a look through my vast LP collection late last night. Came across quite a few I didn't know I had also of the ones I looked through 3/4 of them remain unplayed. These last years has gone from reasonable to the ridiculous as regards buying music . I've offloaded all that can go without me getting stressed about stuff I really feel the need to keep. I'm a hoarder and admit it but I'm no longer proud as I used to be of my collection. These days I'm embarassed when folks have the misfortune to enter our pad. And see the folly that is my music. I've tried cutting back but only last a week or so and then when the computer is on and I'm surffing theres always a cd or 10 I want and buy. And on too many occasions when I get something in my noggin I buy all LP's of artists I feel I must have regardless of cost.

Here goes into abstinence day one..or our floors gonna cave in or we'll have to climb over cases and boxes to get into bed or go make a cuppa tea.
    John.

I'm Jerry.

John have you tried internet radio? At 320kb/s it really is quite reasonable SQ. It could save you a fortune and keep the place tidy!
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
    Needs be but I must completely stop buying vinyl and drastically cut back on the ever growing piles and piles of CD's....was having a look through my vast LP collection late last night. Came across quite a few I didn't know I had also of the ones I looked through 3/4 of them remain unplayed. These last years has gone from reasonable to the ridiculous as regards buying music . I've offloaded all that can go without me getting stressed about stuff I really feel the need to keep. I'm a hoarder and admit it but I'm no longer proud as I used to be of my collection. These days I'm embarassed when folks have the misfortune to enter our pad. And see the folly that is my music. I've tried cutting back but only last a week or so and then when the computer is on and I'm surffing theres always a cd or 10 I want and buy. And on too many occasions when I get something in my noggin I buy all LP's of artists I feel I must have regardless of cost.

Here goes into abstinence day one..or our floors gonna cave in or we'll have to climb over cases and boxes to get into bed or go make a cuppa tea.
    I thought I was bad.
    Apart from a pile from an auction years ago with LPs I don't really want to listen to all of my stuff has been played many times.
    I will start selling some of the not so good albums for me at some time in the future.
    Having all of them on a database helps a lot
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Lee.

I have loads of music that I haven't listened to yet, for one reason or another. I bought it cos I wanted it, to have it in my collection, but I must stop and only buy when I want to listen to it. In the end, too much choice can stifle you and your listening habits suffer.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Just get some high Ikea shelving storage and keep it all in one room..

As collecting anything, collecting vinyl can be a curse. On top, that collecting mania is what pushes up prices for everyone else, prevents others from genuinely enjoying vinyl which will now be stored away and never played by the collector.

On the up side it at least gives cause for people to keep hold of and not throw away vinyl because of the increase in value.

+ Reply to Thread