+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Celestion or Tannoy?

I'm Andrew.

Default Celestion or Tannoy?

I'm not in the financial position to have more than one pair of speaks at one time. I spotted a pair of Ditton 130 near me and never having heard any need opinion/advice on them.
    Do I get these in place of my Tannoys?

I'm Andrew.

I'm biased as I have both. It's a pity you couldn't try out both. Both speakers do different things. Very difficult, I'd probably have a stab at the celestions.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Well I took the gamble, too early to report on the difference really but the Dittons seem to image better.

Bit chuffed. The Tannoys cost me £10 and I sold them to cash converters for £15 and bought the Dittons for £25.

I'm Josie.

Well done. The Dittons are superb speakers. I had some later DL-10's and still have some DL-8's somewhere... Great speakers.

I'm Andrew.

Cheers. I reckon these are far more likely to swap for some Sony speaks too, the next stage of Sony-fication.

I'm Andrew.

WOW! A real wheeler/dealer nice to know that the celestions hit the spot and you made a quick profit out of ca$h coverters.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

I only had the tenner so needed the fifteen from the 'noys or it was not happening.
    Fortunately the two shops are next door to each other but I still had squeaky cheeks there for a while.
    Moved the Dittons to 18" from the back wall as opposed to the 24" for the Tannoys.
    Brilliant, I've not heard Tangerine Dream sound better and I reckon the imaging is on a par with Kans.

I'm Andrew.

Best continue this up in my Gallery thread I reckon.

Oh feck it do sound good though!

+ Reply to Thread