+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Devialet at Radlett Audio

I'm Dave.

Default Devialet at Radlett Audio

Just to remind you good folks that the Devialet D110, D170 and D240 are on permanent demonstration at Radlett Audio.

My pics just don't do justice to these black chrome slabs of loveliness, each one not much larger than the average laptop.

What you have inside the elegant box is an extremely good, versatile and highly flexible amplifier with excellent inbuilt phono stage. Then there is the DAC section, which to my ears is about as good as they get and there is a streamer. So, in one beautiful box is everything you need for a high quality system - simple, easy to use and bullet proof. Free upgrades are available from time to time.

The prices start at £4490, which I believe is great value for what you get and I'm a great fan.

e-mail: radlettaudio@hotmail.co.uk

synsei Guest

That is gorgeous Dave. I read somewhere that when powered up their logo floats underneath that lustrous finish, is this correct?

I'm Dave.

There is a little window which displays the logo, volume, input etc on the top, just behind the on/off switch. My top pic shows it best - just behind the 3-D logo, which is the switch. All very under-stated and beautiful.

Before i received these, I was expecting them to be good but not prepared for just how good they are. I'm quite enthralled with the sound and practicality. I've been enjoying my music via digital output from an Apollo-r, USB from my computer (yes, that's right Alex) and turntable. Kept me from doing my work, all afternoon.

I'm Paul.

Lovely bit of kit; elegant design, decent sounding too (heard one at this year's Bristol Show....very impressive). In the context of a high quality all in one system, very good indeed!

I'm Dave.

Even the inbuilt phono stage is excellent, with a myriad of loading options and even a choice of EQ curves. These DVs are seriously good in all areas and with a pair of Harbeth on the end are sublime.
    Last edited by hifi_dave; 22-03-2014 at 12:58.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    USB from my computer (yes, that's right Alex) and turntable. Kept me from doing my work, all afternoon.
    Nice one David

So am I right in thinking you can attach a TT to this, a music server like mine to the inbuilt DAC and utilise streaming services like Spotify from tinternet and control it all from an app on a tablet PC? You would just need this, a pair of speakers and some sort of music server or computer and all your bases would be covered, unless of course you wanted to use a CDP, but they are redundant now as far as I'm concerned.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I have been doing some reading about this and you have pricked my interest David, a very intriguing product

I'm Dave.

It is very 'intriguing' and it sounds wonderful, which was my main interest. 90% of my product range - Croft, Albarry, LFD etc - are about as minimalist as you can get but it sounds good. I was expecting Devialet to be passable but it's far, far better than that and I could happily live with one. To be honest, I can't fault it.

As you say, you can connect a turntable plus any digital source via USB, S/PDIF, Optical, Ethernet and AES/EBU. You can stream directly to it and connect analogue line sources. There is an app so that it can be controlled via your phone. A bit beyond me at the moment but my Grandaughter did it in two minutes.

There is a huge amount of customisation you can apply via the SD card with options downloadable from their website, it even has tone controls.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    . . . it even has tone controls.

I'll be coming over to see you after I retire next year David and this will be high on my wish list of things to try out, together with some Michell TT's.

This would fit very well indeed within Captain Tidy's living space. Its just a big slab of loveliness to be sure and does everything I could possibly want in one very sexy, sleek box . . . MC phono stage, Spotify direct from the net, optical input for the TV and a USB DAC input for my music server, all controlled from a tablet app and that remote looks pretty neat too. If it sounds as good as it looks it could be worth serious consideration. I'm so glad Alex got you posting pics on here!

(I'll bring my cheque book!)

I'm Dave.

Wowie, you already know more about it than me..

I did a demo this afternoon, using music from my laptop and it was sounding excellent. Next step is to get my i-pad streaming Spotify. A small step for mankind - a major step for a computer numpty..

Is the move still on the cards ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast