Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKemp View Post
Great looking system you have there. Tubes and VPI Classic. Is it possible for you to explaint the difference between the two turntables? Because as you write, they ate very different. I have never heard a VPI Classic, but they are some great looking decks! What cartridge do you use on Technics and VPI (favorite cartridge)?

Thanks very much. On the VPI I'm running a Grado Reference Master 1 and on the Technics a DV 10x5. I cannot really say which is my favorite as I love them both very much - but I have to admit - I'm playing the VPI more often - mostly because of the Grado - also - it is a damn cool table - I love the way the record seals onto the platter with the clamp setup. My goal will likely be to move the Grado back to the Technics as it is quieter there (since the Grado picks up some low motor noise at high volumes - which being unshielded - it is known for - really only noticeable when you are over the record) and move the VPI to a low output DV 20X. When I first heard the VPI - I felt it had a bit more bass than the technics - but that could have been the DV I had on it. I cannot make up my mine - I choose to simply enjoy both.

Thanks again,