+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rega Aria phonostage

I'm Buffet-blower.

Default Rega Aria phonostage

Anyone use one or just had a good listen to one?

If I do end up keeping* the Brio-R I'm going to need a decent MC stage and would quite like the idea of having something that matches, both in looks and sound (of course the sound bit's more important but you get my drift)

Thanks.

*This is slightly unlikely at the moment, but I'm living with it for a few weeks, see how things go.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Clive.

Hi
    I use the Aria and did a review a while back. It is an incredible phono-stage which has done nothing but improve over the weeks that I've owned it. At a RRP of £800 it is great value for money and beats phono-amps that cost twice as much but as I own one I may be biased so take the opportunity to borrow one from a dealer and I bet you won't be taking it back.
    Review was in Strokes Of Genius and started on 22/01/2014.

As an aside, I've just found and bought Mike Oldfields new album on vinyl. You will never guess where I found it. My Music, Taupo, New Zealand. Had a great conversation with the owner who is a mad enthusiast who told me that he gets people from all over the world buying stuff in his shop. It was great to find such a shop, the internet hasn't completely taken over yet. Pity it's so far from home.
    Clive
    Last edited by Clive197; 21-03-2014 at 05:10.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Paul.

Michael Fremer reviewed it on his site and did a comparison with other recently reviewed stages. It was easily beaten by the similarly priced Lehmann Black Cube SE II. A number of sample files were put up to compare various phono stages against an expensive reference.

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/...les-identified

I'm Andy.

Richard, l have heard one and it sounded superb, why not try a loaner?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread