+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CS4397 dac

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

onboard output stage Implementation is now based on this http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...amp=1204478039

I use minimelf resistors and smd PPS caps, AD826 seems to work well in this new stage where as it wasn't as good with the older implementation

I'm Neil.

Haha Marco. Sharing a love of the TDA1541A, SL1210 and DL103 - spooky!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Two words sum it up, mate:

"Discerning ears"

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Default I Buy this kit too !

Me too I buy this after view web site CD DAC LAMPUCERA.

this man don't use and modify capacitor around opamp buffer output,

that's the best capacitor modification in ANALOG section and around OPAMP ?

First modification I change this OPAMP for LM4562 but AFTER ???

if you have complete list of your change in this DAC, because on LAMPUCERA web site it's complicated to know the brand and the type ??? WIMA MKP2 mixed with TANTALUM with OSCON oufffff ... ???

Is this a good idea to change all surface mount capacitor ! ?

thanks in advance

nicK
    Last edited by nickthevoice; 07-05-2008 at 14:53.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum

I presume you aren't English?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

HELLO ???

Nobody want help me with my complete DAC KIT upgrade ?

nicK

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by nickthevoice View Post
    Nobody want help me with my complete DAC KIT upgrade?
    I'm sure Leo will help you as he has a vast amount of experience in this field, however he's not on every day so you may have to wait a short while.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

Just picked up one of these myself and stumbled in here looking for info. I'm a clueless noob so pointers on this dac would definitely welcomed by me as well. Looking forward to being here.

Cheers

Iain

Any questions Iain, i may be able to help as well.

I also use one of these and am just about to start doing a few mods to it.
    Very good value for money, i reckon.
    Where are you up to with it?

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

Sorry I'm late chaps, been busy and not had a lot of time

Currently still using the modified op-amp based output stage but got another one of these cheapo dacs so will try the Lampizator output stage on this one to compare

Theres only so much you can do with these dacs but it makes sense to get as much as you can out of them.
    I'm still playing about with the decoupling, again the dac is limited because of the layout, I'll post more info as soon as I can

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast