+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arms: Audiomods vs Nottingham Analogue

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie72 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I am using an AT 33PTG II mc cartridge with it. The turntable was when i bought serviced and most components where replaced. So it is electronically in new condition. What kind of tonearm wire do you advise for the Kenwood? Do you think an external PSU is an option?

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk
    hi Paulie,

that's a decent cart, I have one on my deck at moment! It does have an occasional tendency to lushness depending on partnering equipment. But if the tonal balance is right on your deck, you would have to spend a lot to better it.

You may not have seen this posting.

https://www.vinylengine.com/turntabl...c.php?t=106542

It would be worth having a chat with johnnie at Audio Origami who does tonearm rewires for a living. There are plenty of cable options and he would provide expert advice.

As the posting says, it's a top deck even in std form. Its from the very end of the golden period of Jap TTs. Once the depression hit, most companies dropped their higher end decks and build quality dropped. I would think carefully before chopping it in for a more recent deck with flaky build (when compared to the Denon).

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    hi Paulie,

that's a decent cart, I have one on my deck at moment! It does have an occasional tendency to lushness depending on partnering equipment. But if the tonal balance is right on your deck, you would have to spend a lot to better it.

You may not have seen this posting.

https://www.vinylengine.com/turntabl...c.php?t=106542

It would be worth having a chat with johnnie at Audio Origami who does tonearm rewires for a living. There are plenty of cable options and he would provide expert advice.

As the posting says, it's a top deck even in std form. Its from the very end of the golden period of Jap TTs. Once the depression hit, most companies dropped their higher end decks and build quality dropped. I would think carefully before chopping it in for a more recent deck with flaky build (when compared to the Denon).
    Thanks for your information. I came from an Denon DL103R and the AT was a very nice upgrade in SQ. It tracks easier with low inner groove distortion also. What would be a better deck compared to the KD990? I prefer an older/vintage TT. Anyone used an EXTERNAL PSU if so which one did you buy?

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12