+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arms: Audiomods vs Nottingham Analogue

I'm John.

Default Arms: Audiomods vs Nottingham Analogue

Hi, I've been running an Audiomods series 4 on my hyperspace for about 3 years, and in general I've been happy with it. definitely a lot better than the stock Rega it replaced.
    But I've always fancied a full NA setup, possibly a 12 inch ace space, but could maybe stretch to an Ace Anna if a good used one comes up. Has anyone got first hand experience of comparing Audiomods with these arms? Wouldn't want to waste the money if the performance improvement wasn't there.

I'm Dave.

Not done a comparison but the Audiomods look well thought out.

The Notts arms are great, especially the 12 inch variants. I find that 12 inch arms, in general, sound far more relaxed and easy going than the 9 inch versions. You have the possibility of adding a longer arm to your Notts and I would suggest you try.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Not done a comparison but the Audiomods look well thought out.

The Notts arms are great, especially the 12 inch variants. I find that 12 inch arms, in general, sound far more relaxed and easy going than the 9 inch versions. You have the possibility of adding a longer arm to your Notts and I would suggest you try.
    Thanks, Dave. How would you rate a 12 inch ace space against a normal length Anna?

I'm Dave.

The Ace Anna is the better arm even in 10 inch format. I have never sold a 10 inch Ace Anna as the 12 inch is a significant step up and not that much more expensive.

I'm Rick.

Please check out a long post I wrote some time ago on AA...it may help.

http://db.audioasylum.com/mhtml/m.ht...text%3Daudio39

The funny thing is however, that not long after I wrote this I listened to a Kenwood KD-990 DD and purchased it over the tables I had auditioned.
    Rick.

Kenwood KD-650 w/ Denon DL-103 (wood body, Soundsmith elliptical retip), Lite Audio DAC-83 & LT-1 Transport, Luxman M-05 Pure Class 'A' Amplifier, Luxman C-05 preamplifier, Yamaha NS-1000M (beautifully refinished and upgraded) on custom made wood stands.

I once met a woman who would put up with me...so I married her!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlemaker View Post
    Hi, I've been running an Audiomods series 4 on my hyperspace for about 3 years, and in general I've been happy with it. definitely a lot better than the stock Rega it replaced.
    But I've always fancied a full NA setup, possibly a 12 inch ace space, but could maybe stretch to an Ace Anna if a good used one comes up. Has anyone got first hand experience of comparing Audiomods with these arms? Wouldn't want to waste the money if the performance improvement wasn't there.

Also consider the Morch range of Arms they are excellent!

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by audio39 View Post
    Please check out a long post I wrote some time ago on AA...it may help.

http://db.audioasylum.com/mhtml/m.ht...text%3Daudio39

The funny thing is however, that not long after I wrote this I listened to a Kenwood KD-990 DD and purchased it over the tables I had auditioned.
    Are you still using the Kenwood KD990? How do you compare it SQ wise to the Nottingham players? I am using an KD990 and looking for an uograde like Nottingham Spacedeck.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm Graham.

Hi Paulie, the 990 is a top quality jap deck and you will struggle to make an upgrade, different yes, but better?
    Have you tried upgrading the cart or maybe getting the tonearm rewired which can make a big difference?
    If its all in good order, you have a classic TT that can only appreciate in value. Use it and enjoy!

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    Hi Paulie, the 990 is a top quality jap deck and you will struggle to make an upgrade, different yes, but better?
    Have you tried upgrading the cart or maybe getting the tonearm rewired which can make a big difference?
    If its all in good order, you have a classic TT that can only appreciate in value. Use it and enjoy!
    Thanks for your reply. I am using an AT 33PTG II mc cartridge with it. The turntable was when i bought serviced and most components where replaced. So it is electronically in new condition. What kind of tonearm wire do you advise for the Kenwood? Do you think an external PSU is an option?

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm Carsten.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    Agree. The KD-990 is really an under valued deck (price wise) at the moment.
    English is not my native language, so any grammar & spelling errors is due to my crappy Smartphone..

Speakers: Franco Serblin Accordo.
    Amp: Yamaha A-S2100.
    Turntable 1: Sony TTS-8000 in a TB-2000 plinth with:
    Tonearm 1: Helius Phaedra & Benz LP-S.
    Tonearm 2: Reed 2A & ?
    Turntable 2: Garrard 401, Jelco SA-750E & Shelter 501 classic.
    Phonostage: Modwright PH 9.0 w. US Amperex 7308.
    Step-up: Allnic AUT-2000.
    Head-amp: GS Elevator EXP.
    Cables: AN Qssc, Belden 8402 & Audience au24.

http://www.discogs.com/user/Nonnegativ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast