Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ok, Richard, what's the new thread to be called. Your choice

Marco.

Up yours Mr WW!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Up yours Mr WW!
    Mmmm... Can we have something a soupçon less provocative?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Mmmm... Can we have something a soupçon less provocative?

Marco.
    Up your forum

Hahahahaha... Yes, quite. I think I'll decide what it's called later myself!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Marco.
    I am sure you will make a much more *sensible* choice than me

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Marco.

Dick's Picks.

ATB

David

Default Rant away until your heart's content

Right folks, this is Richard's personal ranting room where he can 'let loose' on any subject he feels like (within reason).

This room will be closely but not (necessarily) strictly monitored

Ok, Richard, the 'floor' is yours - enjoy!

Marco.
    Main System

Right folks, this is Richard's personal ranting room where he can 'let loose' on any subject he feels like (within reason).

This room will be closely but not (necessarily) strictly monitored

Ok, Richard, the 'floor' is yours - enjoy!

Marco.

I *HATE* rhubarb and semolina

I'm Stu.

I'm not in a position to listen to you amps Richard - but on the reviews of others i was on the verge of buying a set of monos and a pre. Why didn't i?
    To be honest it was because i'd read a few of your rants on this forum and others. I am well aware that should i have the opportunity to listen to your amps then i'm sure i would buy 'em.... but I think you do yourself no favours in the way you continue your polemic against the industry. any intelligent person knows when they are being sold to and it is up to them to see through this bullshit! I know you make hifi for how YOU want it to sound and i have to commend you for that! BUT you also have to appreciate that whether its a loaf of bread or a pint of milk, or a grands worth of hifi, then some decision making over and above what it tastes or sounds like will come into the equation.
    i do feel eventually given the opportunity to listen to your gear that, given the reviews here and elsewhere i will move to the "dickside" but until then i will listen to what i can and the reviews i can and make my decisions.
    I do think that sugar coated shit can be sold to those willing to accept the reviews of the demigods in the hifi press and perhaps your marketing stance of standing up to them is little more than marketing bullshit in itself;-) - take a stand and be seen as taking on the giants.
    I dunno ..... i bought Linn gear!!
    I look forward to my slating!!

Quote Originally Posted by stupinder View Post
    I'm not in a position to listen to you amps Richard - but on the reviews of others i was on the verge of buying a set of monos and a pre. Why didn't i?
    To be honest it was because i'd read a few of your rants on this forum and others. I am well aware that should i have the opportunity to listen to your amps then i'm sure i would buy 'em.... but I think you do yourself no favours in the way you continue your polemic against the industry. any intelligent person knows when they are being sold to and it is up to them to see through this bullshit! I know you make hifi for how YOU want it to sound and i have to commend you for that! BUT you also have to appreciate that whether its a loaf of bread or a pint of milk, or a grands worth of hifi, then some decision making over and above what it tastes or sounds like will come into the equation.
    i do feel eventually given the opportunity to listen to your gear that, given the reviews here and elsewhere i will move to the "dickside" but until then i will listen to what i can and the reviews i can and make my decisions.
    I do think that sugar coated shit can be sold to those willing to accept the reviews of the demigods in the hifi press and perhaps your marketing stance of standing up to them is little more than marketing bullshit in itself;-) - take a stand and be seen as taking on the giants.
    I dunno ..... i bought Linn gear!!
    I look forward to my slating!!
    Why should I slate you, you have a very valid opinion.

You still base it on sales though - (me) I will sell more if I keep my mouth shut - like the forum owner "shut these people up and you will make more money from the extablished industry" - like the magazine "support these products and I will make sure you get more advertising revenue" - like the reviewer "give it a good review and I will give you all my new product to write about" - And of course the inverse, don't follow the curve and you will be ridiculed.

Sorry I am not playing that game. If present sales continue I will have to put my prices up to control sales, I refuse to employ and get a factory! - I will have to VAT register so that is another 17.5% for a start.

So do me favour please don't buy NVA Stupinder. But if you want to listen too them please do so that gives me far more satisfaction than taking your money, I have enough thanks. Listening is free.

Anyway enough of NVA, this thread keeps being dragged back to NVA. I write this thread because I know this industry having spent man and boy over 40 years in it. I did not come here to promote nva, I have precisely no interest in your business Stupinder. That is what I employ ebay for, go there. So nva is relevent because it is a part of me, but it is not a part of my thoughts on the industry, that is scratching an itch that has plagued me for years. Listen or not agree or not, but at least it makes you THINK!

Anyway enough of this pretentious claptrap, there is enough on tele over easter to last all year. Stupinder - enjoy your music - bugger everyone and everything else, including me.

Closed Thread