+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SME 3012 - Wiring diagram for 5 pin cardas apapter

I'm Andrew.

Default SME 3012 - Wiring diagram for 5 pin cardas apapter

I have a slight problem.

My SME 3012 has been adapted to accept this SME index.jpg adaptor. My problem is I have lost output to the left channel and I cannot remember the correct soldering configurations for the left channel and I think I have soldered the wires the wrong way around, can anyone help? I could really do with a simple diagram showing me where the individual coloured (red/green/blue/white/black) cables need soldering onto the SME adapter. I hope this is clear

Thanks

andy
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm openingabottleofwine.

This is going to a bit difficult to describe verbally, but I'll make an attempt. Looking at the connector from the front with the 'pins' (or rather, the holes) arranged as an upward pointing arc , then number the 'pins' clockwise as 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, that is:

pin 1 at 8 'o clock
    pin 2 at 10 'o clock
    pin 3 at 12 'o clock
    pin 4 at 2 'o clock
    pin 5 at 4 'o clock.

Then:

Pin 1 - left-hand channel signal (white)
    Pin 2 - left-hand channel screen (blue)
    Pin 3 - tonearm earth (black)
    Pin 4 - right-hand channel screen (green)
    Pin 5 - right-hand channel signal (red).

Trust this is of some help.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-03-2014 at 23:02. Reason: Ambiguity removed
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Barry,

I owe you a beer if we ever meet!

Andy
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I has occured to me that you might be wanting to resolder the wires at the arm base, i.e. at the plug with pins, rather than the female connector as shown in the OP.

My instructions are for the wiring of the free female connector, to be fitted to the flying interconnects.

If you were referring to the arm base with the pins, then you need to reverse the wiring scheme. Hopefully the pins will be numbered at the arm base; if they are then proceed as per my reply.

Apologies for any possible confusion.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Barry I will post some pics tonight when I get home to clarify things.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread