+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Refugee from that other place

I'm David.

Default Refugee from that other place

Having spent an unpleasant time as a member of the Wam, I've decided that I should abandon the uphill struggle and seek a more relaxed forum environment for my audio journey.

I've spent some 50 years developing my system which has got better at roughly the same rate as my hearing has got worse. A while longer and the system will be perfect whilst I will be stone deaf!

System is really all about resolution with big Halcro amps driving YG Anat speakers. Front end is DCS Scarlatti ( shortly to be replaced by Vivaldi) and music is provided by Aurender s10, Squeezebox Transporter and modified Sonos.

I've spent some time and effort in improving system clocking with a custom rubidium clock which does seem very worthwhile.

Looking forward to being part of this group. I hope I can add value.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by custodian View Post
    Having spent an unpleasant time as a member of the Wam, I've decided that I should abandon the uphill struggle and seek a more relaxed forum environment for my audio journey.

I've spent some 50 years developing my system which has got better at roughly the same rate as my hearing has got worse. A while longer and the system will be perfect whilst I will be stone deaf!

System is really all about resolution with big Halcro amps driving YG Anat speakers. Front end is DCS Scarlatti ( shortly to be replaced by Vivaldi) and music is provided by Aurender s10, Squeezebox Transporter and modified Sonos.

I've spent some time and effort in improving system clocking with a custom rubidium clock which does seem very worthwhile.

Looking forward to being part of this group. I hope I can add value.
    Welcome David,

I, too, have found this a much less acrimonious site than many others and there is a real feeling of friendship here, rather than a forum for political ranting and point-scoring. I have also learned a lot.

Peter

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Welcome!

So easy to feel you're amongst a very bored group of street kids over on the Wam..

I'd love to hear more about your Halcros and dCS system without all the high-end competitiveness which you hopefully won't find here.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Kember View Post
    Welcome David,

I, too, have found this a much less acrimonious site than many others and there is a real feeling of friendship here, rather than a forum for political ranting and point-scoring. I have also learned a lot.

Peter
    +1

welcome David. I think that you will find this a much more relaxed place to share your audio musings.

I'm gone.

Wow - sounds like a super-system you have there, David!
    I look forward to seeing some photos in the Gallery section.

Welcome to AOS.

I'm Dave.

Welcome David.

Can't have too many Daves.

I'm David.

Thanks guys for the welcome. I will post a bit more detail with pics shortly.

The only problem right now is that I succeeded in straining my back whilst moving one of my Halcro amps. Stupid thing to do, as my wife and my chiropractor have both told me. Still it gives me an excuse to sit and listen to my system!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Welcome David.

Can't have too many Daves.
    Welcome, David. Couldn't agree more

I'm Deleted.

Hi David; interesting to see you Have YG speakers - I've heard them a couple of times now and thought they were excellent, one of my favourites at the Munich show a few years ago.
    Account Deleted

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye, welcome. I don't believe any of it unless we see the pics. We like pics here. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast