+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Validate windows?

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post

You can either faff about using the CMD and REGEDIT tools or you can download a killer programme to do it for you.
    Which doesn't get rid of it

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    I have run the Malwarebytes scanner and nothing untoward shows up.

It's more than a coincidence that after 8 years of owning the same PC with the same hardware that Microsoft only NOW deems to check if my copy of XP is genuine or not. XP has been so reliable I don't where the original disc and COA is, so I might have to put up with yet another daily annoying interruption from these clowns
    XP is pretty good in reliability stakes.

You could do what I did, seeing as I hold the license I feel (especially as they are discontinuing support and you can't buy XP any more) I'm justified in downloading someone's tweeked version with some unnessary bits cut out etc. Works well, nothing untoward and I've never been asked for validation (well, I ALWAYS opt for off-line validation anyway so that I'm never hassled electronically).

I'm Paul.

Try Superantispyware. It has a stubborn file removal tool and will remove hard to rid malware usch as SavingsBull and Level Quality Watcher. You still may have to search for file extensions relating to the malware using Regedit but the Superwhatsit will aggressively delete these files. It's free by the way. Don't automatically assume that your current (or any for that matter) anti-malware programmes can all detect everything or remove them. I use several and do sweeps every other day. This one should be set up not to take over real time monitoring but used as an on-demand spyware detection tool.

This is a very useful guide: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/level-q...tcher-removal/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12