+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Amlodipine' High Blood Pressure Medication.

I'm Neil.

Dave that doesn't sound fun at all, and understand that there are cases where you just need the daily "cocktail" to keep things under wraps.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Dave.

It's no fun at all. The side effects mean that I feel ill, all day, every day but there is no alternative. All I can console myself with is that I am not dead and some poor sods take far more pills than I do.

I would suggest that the average GP is probably not sufficiently skilled to deal with Hypertension. I have been treated by several GPs and also several Consultants both through the NHS and via BUPA. It is only now that the top Nephrologist at Addenbrookes has taken charge, that my BP is normalish - but with a cocktail. The average GP will be prescribing a pill here and there or a couple at a time but without knowing the cause. Sometimes the Dr will strike lucky but not always. You need to see a proper Consultant and not just a GP if Hypertension is a problem.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Have any of you been recommended diet as the solution to controlling high blood pressure rather than just taking pills? As an example, if you cut out: sugar, carbs, grains, alcohol (red wine / non-grain stuff is acceptable), caffeine and salt you'd be feeling better than you've ever felt.
    If I cut those out of my diet, there would be little left and I'd starve within a week. It's a lot easier to take a pill IMO.

Lawrence

I'm Neil.

Default 'Amlodipine' High Blood Pressure Medication.

Quote Originally Posted by losenotaminute View Post
    If I cut those out of my diet, there would be little left and I'd starve within a week. It's a lot easier to take a pill IMO.

Lawrence
    True it's the carbs that give that full feeling! Huge amounts of steak, fish, meat and green veg with onions and garlic still doesn't fill you up like a good Spaghetti, pizza, full roasts, pies etc. I miss the feeling but my body is much better after cutting it out. I still enjoy those things on weekends of course!
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123