+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recording and processing software

I'm Marc.

Good choice ;-)

The Reaper forums a pretty friendly and helpful, so between that, video tutorials and your book you should be ok. If you're looking for additional reading I'd recommend this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mixing-Secre.../dp/0240815807 although I don't own it myself I have a lot of time for Mike Senior, he knows his chops recording wise and is quite a Reaper expert too (he also frequents the forums every now and again). He also writes the Reaper tips column for Sound on Sound - http://www.soundonsound.com/articles/Reaper.php

I'm Anthony.

I'm getting on famously with my (now paid for) version of Reaper, so thank you very much for that, Marc! It's interesting how Google has become the destination of choice for help. In a three minute youtube video, some kind chap told me more about Reaper than all my struggling with the help files!
    Anthony
    Quad ESL57s; Quad Elite pre-amp, mono amps, cd; Arcam T32; Michel Gyro SE (Denon DL-103R cartridge)

I'm Marc.

Good stuff, glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Yup, even as a seasoned DAW user I'm still a regular on the search engine with 'reaper *technique*' or 'reaper *new-feature*' to stay up to date on what's going on and to learn more of the numerous ways that exist to skin the recording cat!

Coupla things I'd recommend throwing in to the mix early is the SWS extensions and MikeStopContinue's 'ReaMenus'. The former adds in a lot of power and useful stuff and the latter helps to make it all a bit more manageable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12