+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help! Any views on MF preamps?

I'm mark.

Neil, Thanks for your thoughts...... My room construction tends to make things sound a little lively, something i really want to avoid.... i would however like a little more slam/ weight in the bottom end ..... maybe it's my Nordost Cables.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
    Neil, Thanks for your thoughts...... My room construction tends to make things sound a little lively, something i really want to avoid.... i would however like a little more slam/ weight in the bottom end ..... maybe it's my Nordost Cables.
    They can be a bit lean/forward sounding depends on which ones you have?

Regards Neil

I'm Nick.

Just bought the m1 Clic...its so good I bought another for my main system!

I'm mark.

Thanks all who have offered advice........ alas really don't have to much choice. Would go fro the A1 FPB given the choice, but chances of finding one are slim..... likewise the A3.2cr. X-P100's are available but no chance to audition and am concerned as to the signature of there sound.
    I too loved the old MF stuff A1, B200 etc, but took a huge dislike to there early 90's stuff, think is was the range the Typhoon was in? Found it to sound rather forward and tiring......... if my memory serves me right (and that's a big if......lol)

I'm mark.

Have been offered an audio analogue bellini preamp........ located in K.L., so again could not audition...... anyone have any ideas how this would compare to any MF pres, say the X-P100?
    I note that at present there is one available on ebay.......... the one i have been offered is about 20% cheaper roughly £275. Would again be most grateful for any points of view on this Pre, or MF pres.
    Regards to all.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
    Have been offered an audio analogue bellini preamp........ located in K.L., so again could not audition...... anyone have any ideas how this would compare to any MF pres, say the X-P100?
    I note that at present there is one available on ebay.......... the one i have been offered is about 20% cheaper roughly £275. Would again be most grateful for any points of view on this Pre, or MF pres.
    Regards to all.
    Hi Mark

Fuller richer sound, more musical so not as forwards/etched sounding as much more recent MF gear is. Not heard it with an MF power amp but it should in theory sound good with your power amp. Whether this gets you what you want I can't say but worth trying and AA gear is ok to sell on as the reputation is good thus a known and saleable quantity.

Regards Neil

I'm mark.

Neil ....thanks for that info.

I'm mark.

Have the Red Dawn Interconnects.......currently between PS Audio dac and power amp....... and am using Solar Wind Speaker cable

I'm John.

The AA Bellini, at that price, represents excellent vfm; it is a really good amp and should mate well with your power amp.
    In the future, you might think of adding its natural partner, the Donizetti, to get a really musical and entertaining combo.
    IME, Nordost cables work quite well with AA gear, albeit taking a little bit out of its natural presentation and midband delicacy in exchange for a faster/tauter bass.

I'm mark.

Thanks for your input.......very helpful

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast