+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS USB DAC / Headphone Amp

I'm fabulous.

Default Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS USB DAC / Headphone Amp

Since moving house, I've discovered that I don't get chance to sit in my listening room during the early evening (kids are in there) yet I was missing being able to listen to music on my headphones via my Caiman DAC.

After a bit of research I settled on a Cambridge Audio USB DAC and headphone amp for the princely sum of £99. This would allow me to play music from my 3,000+ album collection (lossless files) across the network via my laptop.

I ordered it last Friday and received it through the letterbox today.
    http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/produc...-headphone-amp

In short, I can only say that this is tremendous value for money - a fabulous product.

Yeah, for Windows it was a bit of a fiddle turning it into USB2 mode and reconfiguring for Windows Audio Session (as opposed to Directsound) but the the PDF instructions from the CA website were quite clear for technical documents. Although I do wonder how many purchasers would just plug it in and not realise that they can seriously improve the quality of the sound with a visit to their website - no instructions in the box which I think is a mistake and I have emailed CA to tell them so.

If you are in the market for a USB/Headphone amp for a laptop - give the DacMagic some serious consideration for change from a ton!
    Last edited by guyhayton; 11-02-2014 at 22:51.
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

+ Reply to Thread