+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DAC / Network streamer on par or better than Exposure XXII CD player

I'm Daniele.

Default DAC / Network streamer on par or better than Exposure XXII CD player

Hello, I would be pleased to receive your advices, badly exploiting your experience , on which Network streamer / DAC would allow me to replace my actual CD player (Exposure XXII CD player) bettering it on all or most aspects, mainly sound quality wise...erm within a budget of 1500/1800 £. BTW: I am not stating the XXII is an absolute landmark, rather it is the highest quality digital source I personally own.
    I fancy the network streamer (stand-alone or linked to a DAC) + NAS approach rather than the PC front-end (well, I use PCs at work all the day so I prefer to leave the bloody things switched off for a while ).

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by macs4all View Post
    I fancy the network streamer (stand-alone or linked to a DAC) + NAS approach rather than the PC front-end (well, I use PCs at work all the day so I prefer to leave the bloody things switched off for a while ).
    Hearsay, but there's a Yamaha CD-N500 CD player/network Player that was considered very good value for money over on the Pie Fight Media, you might want to look over the thread(s) related to that.
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.