+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Be Careful with Neutrik Profi Plugs

I'm Neil.

Default Be Careful with Neutrik Profi Plugs

Hi there, just thought I'd point out that Neutrik Profi plugs (the spring loaded ones) are *not* designed for standard cheapie RCA sockets. I am careful with swapping out cables, but have damaged an RCA socket on my Trichord Dino (luckily I managed to twist the interconnect & restore the sound), but in the past the same happened with my Theta DAC. Whilst they're absolutely fine for higher quality RCA sockets, if yours look like this:

...then be very careful or use something else!
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Thanks for letting us all know Neil

I don't currently have any Profi plugs but I did some while ago and I know exactly what you mean, they do fit superbly but maybe a bit too good sometimes, you just need to be careful when handling them so as not to cause any damage....

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread